Part 017

A/N: AH SHIT SORRY THIS IS SO LATE! I HAD THE PSAT'S TODAY AND I WAS WITH FRIENDS AND I HAD HOMEWORK AND AHHHHHHHH

The image I was faced with when walking in made my heart drop. There was Connor, the guys I had loved for a while, laying on the ground with a bullet wound covered in blue blood. I felt like throwing up, Hank's feet rushing in behind me. "N..no.." I stuttered, almost falling back into Hank. His arms went up to me, and when we looked up, we were too busy focusing on our loss to notice that the android got away. I ran into the room, not to chase the long gone android, but to hold Connor.

I felt the lump in my throat grow, tears starting to prick out of the corners of my eyes. My hands landed on Connor's, the feeling of his smooth skin greeting mine. The tears poured out, silence filling the entire room as Hank walked over. He was crying too, his partner for some time that he had ended up caring for. We both couldn't believe it.

"Hank! (Y/N)! My office!" Jeffery yelled at us, Hank rolling his eyes. "Wonder what we did this time," he said, and I chuckled as we stood up. "Must've fucked up at your jobs at some point!" Gavin yelled from the other side, and I didn't turn around. "How did they manage to hire him?" I asked Hank as we walked into Jeffery's office. "You two are working with an android from now on, he is a prototype of Cyberlife's," the words Jeffery said made Hank and I disgusted. Ever since what happened with Cole, we've both hated androids. "You're fucking joking, right?" I asked, and Jeffery shook his head. "He's going to be here tonight, so be here," Jeffery said, and we both walked out of his office. "Fucking wonderful," Hank groaned.

It had been days since we had to leave Connor's body, and I laid on the couch, crying my heart out half the time. I had seen Connor die multiple times, but knowing that Cyberlife will see his memories, I knew they wouldn't make another version. Sumo sat by my legs on the couch, nuzzled into my legs. It was comforting but, I wanted Connor. Hank walked out of the bathroom, a drink in his hand. But it wasn't alcohol, it was water. "Who's that for?" I sniffed, my voice sounding dry. "Brought it for you, you've been crying for a while, he said, and I sat up a small bit. "What about you?" I asked. "You been sober?"

"Surprisingly, yes, because I can't go off my rocker while you're hurting too. I fucked up last time, not going to repeat that," Hank said, and I chugged the water he gave me. "Slow there, kid, don't wanna you to get sick," Hank said as he kneeled next to me. I tried to smile, but I couldn't. "I could get the disease again, couldn't I..?" I muttered, causing Hank to shrug. "Maybe. I hope you don't," Hank said. I laid myself back down, closing my eyes. "I need to find Markus." "Wait, the android who led the revolution?" Hank asked as his eyes practically widened. "I need help to get into the Cyberlife tower," I muttered, and Hank practically freaked out.

"Break into the Cyberlife tower?! You're going to get yourself killed, and to bring him back?!" Hank yelled, and I looked at him. "That's why I want to talk to Markus. He's heard of Connor, you saw how he's broken into other places. I can't keep missing him Hank, and you do too," I said. "But I don't want you to get killed while doing this.." he said, and I sighed. "I know I won't. But I just, need your help. Please?" I asked him, looking at him with pleading eyes. "Okay. Just. I'm going to stick by your side until we get him back," Hank said. I nodded. "Of course you will be."

~TIME SKIP~

I sighed, knocking on Carl's door. Carl had been an old family friend. "How do you know Carl?" Hank asked. "My family and him used to talk to each other, a lot," I said. As we stood there, the door had opened. I was faced with an android. "I'm here to see Carl Manfred," I said, and the android moved out of the way. "I'll tell Carl you are here. What's your name?" "Tell him it's (Y/N), he should know," I said, walking in and looking at Carl's house. "Shit.." I muttered, the door shutting behind us and and the android going upstairs. "You think Carl will know where he is?" Hank asked. "I hope so, so bad. I need to know where he is," I said.

I looked around at Carl's house, and then I heard a voice from the top of the stairs. "(Y/N) (L/N), how long has it been since I seen you?" Carl's voice greeted us. I turned around, smiling. "It's been a few years, and you haven't changed," I said, and he came down the stairs. "You've changed a lot. I'm glad you're here but," Carl paused, the android pushing him near me. "What do you need?" He asked. "Have you seen Markus since the revolution?" I asked, and Carl just smiled a bit. "He comes to visit me every few days," Carl paused. "Was it your partner?" He asked. "You've heard the news I guess," I said a bit quietly. "You three worked all the deviant cases, and I've talked to your mom a lot. She's very proud of you." "So I've heard," I said with a small chuckle.

"What happened to your android partner?" He asked, and I wanted to just respond quickly, but the lump in my throat had came back. I tried to swallow it down, looking to Hank for some help. "He was killed, and Cyberlife is not going to make another copy of him because, he became deviant, and even after the revolution, Cyberlife would never want him to become deviant. No matter what," Hank said. "I am sorry for both of your loss, but I will have to wait to see Markus again to know if he'll be able to help," Carl said, and I nodded as I wiped my eyes that were still filling with tears.

While we stood there, there was a knock at the door. The door had opened, and the voice in the house had spoken.

"Welcome home, Markus."

A/N: Fuck okay, I'm so sorry I haven't posted a chapter for like, 2 days. Oops. But I finally was able to give you guys this chapter, and it was good to finally be able to give this to you. And please don't hate me, yet. It'll get good.