Part 036

In the middle of just listening to music, Hank pulled out my earbud. I groaned, looking at him. "Yessssss?"I asked, pausing my music and taking out my other earbud. "Is Connor okay?" Hank asked, and I just shrugged. "I have no idea, he's different since the start of this morning," I said as I stood up. Hank and I both looked over at him, and I just sighed. "I don't know what's going on."

Connor was sitting there, silent and staring off into space. "You think he's reporting to Amanda?" Gavin randomly said right behind us, and we jumped and both turned around. "Jesus christ Gavin, that was terrifying," I muttered, nudging him. We all then looked back to Connor, Hank and Gavin both bending near me as we just looked at Connor. "He does seem so different," Hank said, and I shrugged.

"He's so serious, and quiet. He only called me lieutenant today. He hasn't called me lieutenant for almost a year. He just calls me (Y/N) all the time. No matter cases or not," I said. The two sighed, and I shook my head. "I just don't understand. Even with this concussion, I can't understand what's just going on with him." "Maybe it isn't him," Gavin suggested, making us both look at him. "I mean. I got rid of that Nines dude, whoever he was," I said.

We all had ended up talking about it, Connor not moving from his spot for what felt like forever. We tried to get his attention, and I threw pen caps at him. It was kinda funny. At a point, I threw an entire pen at him, and he turned his head to look at us. Hank and Gavin quickly tried to run, and I fell backwards in my chair. Hank and Gavin stopped, and they ended up laughing at me. I laughed myself.

Then. Connor had started laughing.

But I don't think any of us noticed. We were all just too busy seeing how I fell backwards on my chair. I, luckily, missed my head as mostly my back hit the ground. After I stopped, I took a deep breath, kicking my leg up. The other two ended up laughing more, and I rolled myself off the chair. When I was sitting on the ground, I could see Connor standing now with a very big smile. "Sorry, didn't think you'd come out of shutdown mode," I said.

Connor shrugged it off while the other two calmed down behind me. "It's okay (Y/N)," he said, and we all looked at him in shock. I didn't want to give it away. I didn't think he even knew for a time he was shut down. Connor's voice was the same tone as usual, and he called me by my name. I nodded a little, having Gavin and Hank help me up. "I should've kept my headphones in and never moved," I said.

Hank nodded. "I can't believe you managed to get so scare you fell backwards," Gavin said as I picked up the chair. "Okay, I do have a defense, he turned his head really fast," I defended myself as I turned to Gavin, and he just rolled his eyes. "You're so dumb oh my god," Gavin said. Connor was still smiling, walking back to his computer, starting to work on his computer.

"He's himself again," I stated, and we all sighed.  "This is all so odd."

I grabbed my headphones again as everyone walked back to their desks, and started to play my music.

"Hey, a casual affair. That could go anywhere. And only for tonight. Take any moment any time. A lover on the left. A sinner on the right.

I sat on the park bench, sobbing my eyes out. It was late. But who cares. My boyfriend just left me for another girl that he cheated on me with. "(Y/N), is that you?" I heard Gavin asked, and I hiccuped, looking up at him. He was just right in front of me. "Woah woah, what happened?" Gavin asked, quickly kneeling down near me.

Just lay in the atmosphere. A casual affair. Sitting there, but don't you say a word. Lay in the atmosphere. A casual affair.

"He left me for the girl he cheated on me with!" I screamed, starting to cry even more. Gavin quickly stood up, forcing me on my feet. He then wrapped me in a big hug, and I almost felt like my legs gave out while I sobbed in his arms. He whispered to me, trying to calm me down. "What did I do wrong!?"

Break involuntary ties. A secret so the spies could never find us out. Stay as long as you have time. So the mess that we'll become leaves something to talk about.

Monday at school, Gavin stuck my side. He and I had most of our classes together, and most of the day I wanted to break down sobbing. When we went to get some water, my ex had shown up. "Seems as if someone moved on fast," he said, and I kept my eyes away from him. "Back off," Gavin said, handing me the filled water bottle gently. "You know what this stupid bitch did to me when we broke up?" "You left her for another girl. You cheated on her. Back. Off," Gavin said, keeping his cool. I heard my ex scoff before walking off.

I practically chugged the water bottle, and then closed it. I almost collapsed in Gavin's arm, and he hugged me.

I paused my music again, looking up old photos on Instagram of Gavin and I in highschool. I almost laughed, seeing the stupid things we did. He was there for me. I smiled. I was glad that I could kinda remember other things other than how sick I was, and work. Gavin walked over, chuckling at the photo I had pulled up. "We look so gross when we were younger," Gavin said, and I nudged him. "Oh cmon, we were cute." "Whatever you say."

A/N: hey hey! I love putting songs into these things now cause im running out of things to say. I also got punched in the face today. Don't worry. It wasn't a fight. My friend flicked me, and then went to playfully punch me as I turned my head. So my jaw kinda hurts from that. All in all, I had a great ass day. My friend and I hung out and got our nails together, and I just sat around watching tumblr cringe videos. Hope y'all had a good day! Also look at my parents!