Part 031

After about a few minutes, Connor finally snapped out of his weird mind palace. Yet his LED stayed red. "Connor?" I asked, sitting up when he sat up. He looked scared. Very scared. "Connor what happened?" I asked, Hank sitting up when he heard the commotion. I kneeled down by him, and Hank raised an eyebrow. Connor still hadn't said a word, just looked scared. I placed my hand gently on his shoulder, making him turn quickly.

"Hey, are you-" I stopped, seeing Connor move away, and go for his gun that's always on him. Hank stood up, his arm moving in front of me. I looked at Connor in fear, staying behind Hank. Connor realized what he had done, and dropped his gun. "I-" He stuttered, then just ran off into my bathroom. I could tell Hank and I were both tense. I calmed myself down, moving his arm. "What.. what had happened?" Hank asked, and I just shrugged. "I think Amanda did something."

I slowly walked to my bathroom, Connor's gun in my hand this time. Hank wanted me to take it, it was the only way he'd let me go and talk to Connor. I knocked on the door gently. "Connor..?" I whispered, leaning against the door. "Can I come in?" I asked, now a little louder, hoping for Connor to hear me. I sighed, waiting for an answer. Silence. "Connor.."

"Amanda wanted me to kill you. To show I was still a machine. She wanted me to.." Connor stopped, and I could hear him hiccup. He was crying. "Connor.. let me in." I said, trying to keep calm. But I was worried. Connor was crying. And that struck a pain inside me. "It's unlocked," he muttered, and I put the gun on the floor, and I opened the door.

"It feels like she's trying to suffocate me, like, wires. They hurt. She won't leave me alone," Connor sobbed, and I shut the door behind me. I walked over slowly, and I kneeled down. I carefully place my hand on his shoulder again, and the suddenly, he basically jumped at me. Then before I knew it, his arms were around me. I tensed up for a second, then I carefully hugged him back. "Connor.. it's okay," I whispered, holding onto him tightly.

This hurt. For me to see him like this. I didn't want to. I never even expected to see him like this. "She knows I'm deviant (Y/N), she's going to shut me down," Connor whispered, and I sighed, just holding onto him tightly. "Didn't kamski mention an emergency exit in his program?" I asked, pulling away from him. Connor shook his head for a second. "D-did he?" Connor stuttered. I sighed.

"I think he did," I said, looking at Connor's tear filled face. "Let's go back to the living room," I said quietly, and Connor nodded in agreement. I stood up, and helped him to his feet. When we walked out, Hank was sitting on the couch. He was going to say something, but saw Connor's tear stained face. "What happened?" He asked quietly. "Amanda, she wanted him to kill me to prove he was still a machine," I explained, making sure Connor stayed close to me. "Can I have the couch for Connor to lay down on?" I asked, and Hank nodded. He then stood up and moved to the chair nearby.

I carefully walked with Connor to the couch, and I sat down. He then laid down, and his head was in my lap. It was hard not to puke up flowers here on command, but I had to hold it back. I gently ran my fingers through Connor's hair, soothing him. "And since he didn't shoot you?" "Amanda could have him shut down. So he's trying to find his emergency exit in his mind palace thing," I said, looking up at Hank. Hank looked back to me, and he looked very upset. "I never thought he'd really feel this much emotion so.. fast," he couldn't find the right words.

Neither can I honestly.

"I know. It's.. strange," there I go again. Unable to think of any of the right words. I could tell Connor hadn't really fallen asleep just yet, so I just kept running my fingers through his hair. I wanted to at least make sure he was calm before he could. I sighed, shaking my head. "God, what am I going to do?" I asked quietly, and Hank shrugged. "How much longer do you have?"

"6 months.." "6!?" Hank almost screamed, and I shushed him. He apologized, sitting down. "How bad is it?" He asked. "It feels like wires are pulling at my lungs, every time I throw up, I almost stop breathing," I say, knowing that Hank's reaction won't be pretty. "W..what..? (Y/N).." Hank shook his head, rubbing his face. "You can't die. Not now."

"But I'm going to. I'm going to die from it. Unless I get the stupid surgery, which I don't want," I said. Hank had almost started crying. "Would you at least think about it..?" He asked, his voice almost cracking. "I'll.. I'll think. But I don't know," I said, looking down at Connor. "I'm gonna go to sleep. I'm so stressed," Hank said, standing up. "You mind staying here?" I asked, and Hank gave me a small smile. "Sure kid, I'll be in the extra bedroom," he said, and I smiled. "Goodnight Hank," I said as he started to walk to the extra room. "Goodnight (Y/N)," he said, and soon, he was gone.

I looked back down at Connor, his LED now yellow, meaning he was at ease. I let a sigh of relief, still running my hands through his hair. I didn't know if he was asleep, or even was calming to him, but this calmed me down. I felt like everything would maybe alright with Connor, and I hoped he would use the emergency programming. I couldn't lose him. But then, I had to think.

Could he lose me?

A/N: heyyyyyy, so uh, this was a hella sad chapter, and my phones almost about to die, so like, be proud I wrote this hella fast. It sucks, and it's sad. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.