Part 022

I stared in horror in the mirror, the blood drying up on my face. I turned on the sink, washing off my face. I looked up, seeing it had all come off. I sighed in relief, and closed my eyes a bit. 'Just keep it in, don't let them see,' I said to myself in my head. Just finish the case. That's all. I came out of the bathroom, walking back over to everyone. "Sorry about that, did I miss anything?" I asked, and Hank shook his head. "Nope. We've got as much data as we could, so we need to head back to the station and look up more.

"Wait, Lieutenants, I identified the finger prints on the victims neck," Connor said, and I looked at him. "Who did they lead to?" I asked. "His own father, Daniel Corso. They seem to have gotten into some fight, ending with the death of Michael," Connor said, and I nodded a little. "Let's go back to the station, check his criminal records, and Michael's as well," I said, and everyone nodded. They all started to walk out, but Hank trailed behind with me. "I heard you. It's back isn't it?" Hank asked, and I sighed. "Yes. It's back," I muttered.

"Why wouldn't it be? You and I kinda knew this would've happened," I said, rubbing my face. Hank let out a sigh of anger. "I'm sorry Hank! You think I wanted this?" I yelled, and he shook his head. "I know kid, I'm just frustrated. I don't need to lose someone I care about again," Hank said, and I sighed. I hugged him, feeling his arms wrap around me tightly. "I'm sorry," I muttered. He just shook his head. "We can get through this. And this time, Connor will not find out," Hank said. I nodded, and we let go of each other. "Let's go to the station so we don't look strange just staying here," Hank said, and I nodded in agreement. We walked out of the house, seeing Connor standing by the car. "What took you two so long?" Connor asked as we got closer. "Just checking to see if we missed anything. You never know," I said, and Connor nodded. "Can I ride 'shotgun'?" Connor asked, using air quotes when he said shotgun. He took that from me a while back, when we first started to work together. It made me smile.

When we got back to the station, and I groaned once I got out of the car. "Gavin fucking Reed, you're still here. And you're smoking too, what a surprise," I said, smirking at him, earning me a scoff from him. "And if it isn't (Y/N), and her robot lover, and her dad," he cocked back, and I just rolled my eyes. "And at some point I thought you were nice. I was really wrong," I said and we started to walk inside, away from Reed. "And Gavin, smoking kills, and I hope it kills you quicker than anyone else," I said, earning a laugh from hank, and Gavin rolling his eyes. "You should maybe learn to be a little nicer," Gavin said. I flipped him off, and walked inside.

"Why is Gavin such an ass?" I asked Connor and Hank, and they both shrugged. "I have a feeling the only reason Gavin is mean to you is because you're mean to him," Connor said, and I just laughed a little. "That could be true, but honestly, he's an ass," I said. Connor just shook his head. "(Y/N), can I ask you a question," Connor asked, and I shrugged. "Don't know, you already did," I said, sitting down at my desk. Connor looked at me questionably. I snorted a bit. "What's the question?" I asked, swiveling in my chair to face him. "What had happened when you went into the bathroom back at the house," Connor asked, and I looked at him.

"Just got a little sick, that's all," I said, swiveling back to face my desk. I started to log myself into the computer. "Are you sure?" He asked and I nodded. "Yea, I'm fine. Don't worry about it," I said, and Connor nodded. Connor walked over to his own desk that he was given, and started working. I sighed as I looked to Hank. Hank shook his head, and mouthed, 'don't let him find out.' I rolled my eyes playfully. "No duh," I said quietly, and went to working.

"So, it seems here that Daniel Corso has a long criminal record, escaping jail multiple times. The only reason he's currently free was because he pleaded not guilty in court, and was found not guilty somehow," I said, looking for the file connected to his son. "And Michael Corso has had no criminal record, married, and has two kids. His kids and wife went out on a vacation and he couldn't go die to being stuck at the hospital. He was a surgeon," I said. Hank and Connor looked at me in astonishment. "That wasn't in his file," Hank said. "I know, but I know how to hack shit and get more information," I said. "Don't say anything," I finished.

"And you only decided to tell us this now?" Hank asked. I shrugged. "Well, Cmon, Just trust me," I said. Connor looked at me still with astonishment. "You have hidden that very well, not even in your criminal record, you're a clean slate," he said. I grinned. "Keep it out of my criminal record," I said. He smiled, nodding. I turned back to the computer, typing a lot more to find more information on Michael and his family. "Wait, where did you even learn to hack?" Hank asked. I looked up, thinking for a second. "It's a secret," I said.

A/N: Hey guys! So I know I didn't publish yesterday but that's because it was Halloween and I was at school, then with friends. It was so much fun tho. I had some trouble writing this chapter tho, couldn't get any good ideas lol.