Chapter 20

Kaila's POV

"Wake up Kaila." My aunt whispered lightly shaking me. I got up and stretched and we grabbed my bags. We walked out the empty waiting area and outside where the car was waiting. My uncle popped the trunk and we placed my bags in carefully. I got in the back seat as she closed the trunk. "Hey uncle Derek." I yawned while getting comfortable.

My phone vibrated and lit up.

Message: AJ 😒

I opened it to a little paragraph I really didn't feel like reading.

Kaila, I'm sorry. I know it wasn't right to do you wrong okay? I just want you back in Cali. Wherever you are, just come home bae. Please? Look, I'll always love you and I'll make it up to you. I'll do whatever you ask and more. I'm sorry. Oh. And I love you too.

I sent something short and sweet.

Fuck you. Fuck Cali. Goodbye.

I pressed send and locked my phone. I sat back in the seat as I listened to the radio. Staring out the window, I watched as we passed buildings, people, cars, even trees. I was glad to be here and I can feel the good times about to come.

AJ's POV

"Fuck you. Fuck Cali. Goodbye." I repeated as I read her message. I locked the phone as I pulled up in my driveway. I turned off the ignition and opened the door. Stepping out the car, I made sure I had everything I needed. I walked to my front door, unlocked it, and stepped inside. After locking the door behind me, I made my way upstairs to take a shower and get to bed.

I slid my shirt over my head and unbuttoned my pants. Stepping out if them, I walked to the shower. I turned the knob to the temperature that My body preferred. I dropped my boxers and stepped in the shower.

My back was bruised from Kaila hitting on me. I guess I deserved it.

Kaila's POV

I had already taken my shower when I was up late with my twin cousins. We were the same age. "Kaila? Why you here? You never come visit, especially this long." Kamari said looking at her nails. "It's a long story. I'll tell you and Auntie Dee tomorrow." I said yawning. "I know you ain't yawning. You just got here son." Kameron spoke after biting into his sandwich. "I been traveling son." I said mocking his voice. "Kai. You can go ahead to my room and sleep if you want." Kamari said looking up at me. "It's up stairs, to the right, all the way at the end." Nodding, I said goodnight and headed to the room to catch some Z's. After making my way to the door, I opened it and headed straight for the bed. I didn't even get under the covers before I drifted off.

__________________

Short Filler. I can't update how y'all want me to anymore. I'm a junior in High School so I have to go shopping and go to school like everybody else. I hope y'all understand?? EDUCATION IS MY LIFE. sooo. There you go. Any comments?