Chapter 24

Kaila's POV

I walked downstairs to the bar. "Water." I said. I don't wanna be drunk and sloppy like half of these girls are about to be. I sipped out of the little straw as I scanned the room. "I'm in love with the coco. I'm in love with the coco. I got it for the low low, I'm in love with the coco." The speakers blasted and people sang along. I walked back up to VIP; everybody was standing around conversing and even dancing. I sat down on the couch, and sipped on my water. Anita came and sat next to me. "Hey!" she said hugging me. "Hey Anita. How you been?" I adjusted myself to face her. "I'm engaged now!" she said smiling. So fast? It's only been a month. I thought. "Awe who's the lucky guy?" I spoke looking around. "Uh. He's standing by the bar. The tall one." She said pointing at the bar. "Oh okay. I'll catch up with you later." I said watching as the groupies were trying to get in. I stood up and walked to the rail and over looked the crowd. The smell of weed filled the room, as well as the smoke. The crowd was jumping, the music was bumping, and I was just bored. "Kai. Can we talk for a minute?" I looked left to see AJ. "Talk about what AJ?" I said looking back at the crowd below. "Us." He said. Softly grabbing my elbow. "Go ahead." I said turning to face him. "Kaila. I'm sorry. I don't know how many times I have to apologize, and I for damn sure don't know how to make it up." He said as he was looking down at me. "Show me AJ. Don't tell me, just show me." I said looking up. He had a curly fro with a tape, he was biting his lips making his dimples show, and I was actually falling for it. We just stood there. "Well... Uh I'll talk to you later AJ." I mumbled, turning to walk away. He gently pulled me back. "No. Not later. Now." he pulled me into him. I blushed and looked at the floor. "I missed you." he whispered as he went to bend down and kiss me. "I missed you too." I mumbled as met him halfway. I actually was falling for it, and my body was ignoring my mind. His soft lips crashed into mine and everybody around us started to hoot and holler. He pulled away laughing and I just blushed and looked away. We're not together, but we are going to fix this bond. "By the way you look absolutely amazing." AJ said as he kissed my temple. "Thank you. You don't look half bad yourself." I smiled.

As we were standing there, the DJ spoke over the music. "Men grab y'all women and get on the floor." AJ grabbed me up and held my hand as we walked down the stairs and on to the floor with others. AJ and I, King and Quisha, Dre and some girl, and Anita and her man were all on the dance floor, with others of course. The DJ started to play stickwitu. I wrapped my arms around AJ's neck as he wrapped his hands around my waist. "Don't step on my feet Kai." he said chuckling. "Now you know better. Don't play with me." I said as I looked at him while we danced.

Nobody gonna love me better
I must stick with you forever
Nobody gonna take me higher
I must stick with you
You know how to appreciate me
I must stick with you, my baby
Nobody ever made me feel this way
I must stick with you

I sung the lyrics as he pressed his forehead into mine. "You're so corny." I whispered and pecked his lips. The song finished and we stepped away from the crowd. I had my purse in hand so we headed to his car and sped off. "Where you taking me?" I said putting on my seat belt. "Relax. We're going to talk that's all." he said parking in an empty parking lot. "Kaila you have to understand that I am truly sorry. I know that the trust is broken and it's gonna take a while to fix it. And if I ever seem suspicious, you have the right to bring it up to me. I really want our old thing back. I'm going to work for it Kaila. I promise." he said holding my hand. "Is it weird that I feel the same way I did before all of this shit happened? I don't have as much trust in you, but just the ultimate feeling of caring. I left to blow stream off. Not just because of you, because of everything. We'll fix it all in due time." I spoke looking in his eyes. He smiled and put the car in drive.

We ended up at his house. It was beautiful. As had good taste for sure. "AJ I'm not staying the night. I hope you know that." I said as we got to the door. "Mhm I know." he mumbled. We stepped inside and we walked up the stairs. "You like the house?" he turned and asked me. "Yeah it's nice. Just needs a few touches." I said looking around. "It'll be yours one day. Then, you can make all the adjustments you want." He said grabbing my hand. I blushed and looked away. He softly pulled my chin and his lips met mine. I pulled away and opened my eyes. "I think it's best if I get going." I spoke softly. "No. Can we just stay here. I won't do anything, I promise." he said raising up his left hand. "Give me some clothes." I said stepping to the side.

He went to his dresser and pulled out a big shirt. I sat on the bed; took off my shoes, and I pulled off the jumper. I slid on the big shirt and climbed up in the bed. I watched as AJ took off his pants and his shirt. He got in the bed and pulled me next to him. He turned on the TV, and put on The Wood. "AJ how you know I like this movie?" I said looking up at him. "I know you." he said kissing my forehead. "MmKay." I said closing my eyes.

I woke up when AJ got out of the bed. He went into his bathroom to pee. I sat up in the bed and stared at whatever was on the TV. AJ came back and got in the bed. I don't know where it came from but he just crashed his lips into mine. I kissed back as he pulled me on top of him. "AJ." I gasped. "What you doing?" I said as he went to my neck. "I want you." he mumbled. "No I'm not doing that, I'm not ready for that." I said as my breathing increased. "I'm sorry." he said before pecking my lips. I laid down and faced him. "Kai."he mumbled feeling on me. "What do you want AJ." I said tracing his tattoos. "Would you be scared if I just touched you." he mumbled. "Go to sleep AJ." I mumbled turning over and scooting under him. He put his arm around me. I drifted off to sleep.

*

*

*

*

I woke up on AJ's chest. I looked up at him and he looked peaceful and I noticed how long his eyelashes were. He looked perfect even though he wasn't. I laid my head back on his chest and I looked out of the window that overlooked the ocean. He grunted and started to move. So, I rolled over. "Kai. Kai, you up?" AJ mumbled putting his hand on my hip. "Yeah, I'm up. You want breakfast?" I mumbled sitting up to face him. "Nah, I got it. Relax. If you need anything call me." he said getting up out of the bed. "I'm going with you. I wanna see you cook." I smiled while pulling the covers back. He smiled and got out of the bed. I got up along with him and followed behind him. His house was huge, however it was plain; it had no color, barely any decorations, and it seemed as if he had just moved in. We made it into the kitchen which was the best part of the house. It had white wood cabinets, with the beautiful black counter tops. "I would kill for a kitchen like this." I whispered looking around at everything. "Just don't kill me." he mumbled. I smiled "I can't make any promises". "He gave me a dirty look and I bust out into laughter. "Just cook." I said sitting down at the island in the middle of the kitchen. He pulled out bacon, eggs, grits, and pancakes. "Here, you know how to make eggs. I'll make the bacon, grits, and pancakes." He mumbled turning on the stove. "Less work for me." I mumbled, cracking the eggs and putting them in the bowl.

"Why did you forgive me? " he randomly asked. "Well. I'm giving you another chance. The trust isn't all the way and this is your chance to get it back." I said putting pepper in the eggs. I started to whip the eggs. Then, I put them in the pan and AJ took over the rest. "Well, I'm going to work on it and I'm truly sorry." he said. I just nodded. There wasn't anything to say or do on my behalf.