Chapter 9

"Who is this?" The girl pointed at me. I decided to be polite. "I'm Kaila, and you are?" I reached out to shake her hand and she looked surprised. She reached out and shook my hand with a smile. "I'm Anita and this one is Andre." She said switching him to her other side. He looked just like Dre. "DeAndre, I don't wanna start no trouble but please, please visit Andre often. Nice meeting you Kaila." She looked, smiled at me, then walked away. "That was weird as hell cause she's not really that nice to any girl I've been out with." He said still looking in her direction. "Well maybe she hasn't met one with class and respect. Am I correct?" He looked at me as if he was thinking. "Now that I look at it they always came at her rudely. Ma, you a keeper." He smiled and kissed my forehead. We kept walking to the car. We got in the car and he started to talk to me about Andre and Anita. "Andre is my first born. I met Anita at school. She was real cool until we fucked. She started acting crazy with any girl I even said hi to. So I ended it. Then I found out about Andre.. So I stayed another couple of months." He stopped the car at a red light. "Well, I think you should still visit so he'll have a father in his life." I looked out the window as he started driving again. "I figured you would say that. I just hate going over there. With her sisters. They ghetto and ignorant." He sounded annoyed. "Well pick him up and leave. I'll even go with you. Just do it for him. Call Anita when we get home and ask her." I said as he parked the car. We got out and walked to the elevator. When we got to our door. I opened it and looked at the clock. Dre, it 2 in the morning. I looked back at him. He smiled and walked to his room and I walked to mine.