Chapter 18

I was now home with Andre and his daddy was nowhere to be found. He had woken up and I was surprised he remembered me. He looked just like his daddy except he had his mothers eyes. We were sitting in my room playing until I figured out what to do with him. I grabbed the remote and put the tv on some cartoons. He sat right in my lap and paid full attention. I walked in. My closet to find something more appropriate for me to wear if I decided to take him to the park. When I grabbed a pair of shorts, somebody started knocking on my door. With the shorts still in my hand I unlocked and opened the door. "Kai. I need to talk to you about Lauren." Dre said stepping in. "Okay. What's wrong?" I said continuing the conversation and watching when he would notice his son. "Well, she's a week along and she's already trying to tie me down. You know me you know I don't love -. Where the hell you got my son from?" He said walking over to Andre. "Daddy!" his eyes lit up and he reached up for him. "Anita was going on a date and her sister didn't show up to babysit. " I said going back in my closet looking for a shirt. "A date? With who?" he asked with aggravation. "A date with AJ." I said holding back my tears. Dre didn't reply. I finally found a graphic tee and my shoes. When I looked up Dre was there. "Let it out. Don't hold it in." He said quietly reaching his free arm out to me. I dropped everything and buried my face in his shirt. Andre was touching my hair saying it's okay. I surely hope so.

When I was done crying Dre went out the room. I put on the clothes I picked out and went to the bathroom to wash my face. I walked out and down the stairs to see those two on the couch bonding. I made some sandwiches and packed some snacks and drinks for the park. I went back upstairs to go get his important things out of his bag. I put them into a big handbag and ran back down the stairs. "Dre we going to the park. You wanna go?" I said going back in the kitchen to grab our lunch bag. "Yeah. My car or yours?". "Yours." I said walking back out. "Alright." he said getting up and putting Andre down. He grabbed his hand as we walked out the door.

I remember when it was supposed to be us doing this every weekend. But things change.

AJ's POV

I just met Anita a couple of days ago. I liked Kaila but she wasn't ready. She's still trying to keep Dre off her and I didn't need all that unnecessary drama. I was just going to enjoy my date with Anita at this seafood restaurant on the beach and deal with Kaila later.

"AJ. Did you know Kaila or something before I introduced you to her?" She asked sipping her drink. "Yeah. I did." Her whole persona changed. "But hear me out. We're not dating. We don't have any labels. We don't even have sex. It shouldn't be a problem." I said grabbing her hand. She snatched it back. "Fuck labels. What about the bond that you just broke. I know Kai, she's not gonna cause a big fight. She not that type of girl. That's my friend. I'm not gonna break my trust with her. We gone eat this food and you gone find her and fix this." She said as the waitress put our food down. We started to eat and talk about other things and people. I know I got some big making up to do.

Dre's POV

We were at the park. I was sitting on the bench watching Kaila interact with Andre on the swing. She was pushing him and he was laughing and having a good time.

Kaila is special. Every boy want her and the three that had her, including me, fucked up. I know she deserves better than me. But, I can't help but love her and want her in my life. If just being her friend keeps her here that's what I have to do. I know she doesn't want anything more than that to do with me. AJ messed up too. I was mad about them at first, but then I started to become comfortable with it. Now he out with Anita. If she finds out she's either gonna kick his ass or hurt his feelings. Or maybe she's changed.

I started to think about my own situation. I don't love Lauren. She was just a fuck buddy. All access. I won't ever be with her, but I'll be there for that kid. I'll have to do the same with Andre too. With Kaila moving out, they'll have a room to sleep in.