Chapter 17 : Sammy's First Case

Rekka

The police came later on. They found a bullet of AMT AutoMag III on the floor.

"Sir!" I suddenly heard a familiar voice. "What happened sir?"

"Stop calling me sir," I replied. "Rekka, Rekka is okay."

"Rekka, what happened?" Inspector suddenly spoke to me. "A gun made in the '70s, why is it here?"

"I don't know inspector," I replied. "I just heard it earlier in the morning."

"Rekka," then Sammy speaks. "Can I help with the investigation?"

"Well..." I'm thinking if this case can be her first case. "Yeah, this can be your first case."

"Yes--" she started jumping with joy when I interrupted. "Only if the inspector won't find anything serious in the scene."

"Oh, c'mon Rekka," she sighed. "I won't believe you right away."

"Rekka!" Anthony suddenly shouted. "The investigation team didn't find any serious problem in the crime scene. But we will be coming back from time to time and we will add some security in your agency and your house."

"Oh," I replied. "Well, lucky day huh?" I suddenly looked at Sammy raising my left brow.

"Hehe," she smiled. "Yeah, lucky me I guess."

"So Rekka," Anthony spoke again. "We'll be going now, just be careful here okay?"

"Okay!" I replied with a thumbs up.

________________
Start of Sammy's investigation

Author's POV

Sammy's happy face turned into a serious and focused one when she started observing the scattered glass on the floor.

Rekka was just seating at his favorite place in the sofa, reading a Detective Conan manga book. Some books are piled up on the glass table right beside him, like the one entitled 'Kaito Kid' and some like 'Shin'ichi Kudo: The Lost Tantei-san'.

He was so calm as if he already solved the case in just a click. "So what now?"

"Wait an hour there," Sammy replied. "I'm going to solve this case and find the one who shot your agency."

Rekka just smirked and went back to reading the book he was reading before.

30 minutes later, Sammy went to Rekka. "Hey, I already solved the case."

Rekka wasn't shocked at all and just placed down his feet, put the book on the table and then looked at Sammy.

"Explanation," Rekka smiled. "Explanation is needed with evidence."

"First," Sammy started. "The gun is AMT AutoMag III, a handgun. Which means it can only be shot within a 10 meter radius or less," she stopped to take a deep breath. "Second, I was watching your friend earlier, that man named Anthony James. He smelled like gunpowder, which means that he should be the one who shot your house early morning."

Rekka just clapped slowly and then stood up from the couch. "Impressive, huh?"

"Of course, I am the best apprentice of the world-known detective Rekka Myster." She replied.

"Yeah you're really the best," Rekka continued. "You are the best because you're the only apprentice that I have."

She just looked at Rekka with a disappointed look.

"But, unluckily," Rekka continued. "Your conclusions, deductions and theories are all wrong."

"Huh?" Sammy looked at Rekka with a confused look raising both of her brows. "Hey, my deductions are all correct. I even presented a liable evidence!"

"Well, Anthony is policeman, of course he will have gunpowder on his body," Rekka explained. "Also, I agree that the pistol can only be shot in a short distance, that's why you should already know the shooter by that time."

"Just who is the shooter?" Sammy asked.

"Me," Rekka revealed. "I am the one who shot my own agency."

"What?!" Sammy was very shocked to the point that she really shouted every word that will come out from her mouth. "You're the shooter?!"

"Yeah," Rekka explained. "The distance between the floor and the agency is exactly 6 meters. Also, look at the floor where the bullet is found. Some burnmarks and a mark of the pressure are found there." Rekka stopped to breath and think. "Which means that the bullet fall from a high position. It's because I shot it from below."

Sammy's mouth was wide open while listening to Rekka's explainations.

"Oh," Sammy just spoke. "So that's how you did the shootings?"

"Yeah," Rekka replied.

"How about the police?" Sammy asked. "Do they know about these great plans of yours?"

Then suddenly, Rekka remembered that he forgot to tell the inspector about his plan. He immediately rushed to the agency's phone and dialed Anthony's number as fast as possible.

"Hello? Anthony?"

"Yeah," Anthony replied.

"I have something to tell you," Rekka replied.

"What?"

"The shooting that happened earlier was planned..."

"Really? By whom?"

"By me..."

"Okay well, I should tell the inspector."

"Okay, just come to the agency so that I can explain to you what just happened."

"Okay, I'll be hanging up now!"

Rekka's worries disappeared because of Anthony's call.

"So Rekka," Sammy spoke. "How are you going to replace this glass wall?"

"Oh crap!" Rekka shouted when he woke up in his sleep.

"Why," Sammy asked. "Been in another dream?"

"Yeah," Rekka replied while scratching his head. "I dreamed about your first 'case' that I planned."

"Oh," Sammy said. "I hate that case, you were so unfair back then!"

"Sorry," Rekka smiled while raising two of his fingers as a peace sign. "But I still don't know you very well that time."

"I heard that explanation a million trillion times already!" Sammy shouted.

Rekka just laughed at her, then Sammy laughed back to Rekka.