Chapter 10 : Symmetrical Killer

Rekka

"It's been a month now." I said. "A month what?" Ellise asked. "I haven't engaged into any mysterious thingy this past month." I replied.
"Oh, hey don't forget your promise." She said. "What promise?" I asked while trying to remember the 'promise' she's talking about.
*SMACK*
"Ouch, I can't remember it." I said. "Ish, you promised to bring me at the exhibit in my birthday!" She said angrily. "Oh, yeah I'll bring you there." I said.
"Yes! But it's still eight days until my birthday..." She said sadly. "Okay, how 'bout tomorrow instead. Then we can go to another place in your birthday." I asked her. "Okay!" She said excitedly.
When I got at her house, I thought that she was still asleep; so I called her. She said that she's already putting make-up on and is going to come out any second.
After a minute, she went out from her house and went straight inside the car. She asked me if she looks great and I said yes; obviously.
We got in the exhibit after an hour and went inside to see the paintings of famous artists in our place. While walking, I met a man named John; he is a famous artist and is also an architect. We talked for a while then Ellise and I went back again in looking at the paintings.
When it was already past 6, I asked her if we should already go. She said that she's also ready to go, but we heard a shout coming from the restroom. I ran directly to the restroom to see what's happening over there.
I saw John; the architect I met a while ago. He is on the floor with a bruise in the head. I saw some blood in the toilet, and thought that it was an accident.
I called the police that came thirty minutes later. Inspector Rico and Anthony were there so I talked to them about the case. I said that he has a bruise in the back portion of his head. I also told them about the blood in the toilet.
Anthony said that there is a great possibility that it's an accident. He asked me if I saw suspicious people at the scene; but there were none. I also conducted my own investigation to look for some evidences that may help with the case.
I asked the inspector to check for some CCTV footages, but they told me that none of them got the footage of the comfort room. I was also starting to think that it was an accident, but there is really something wrong with the scene if this is really an accident.
I entered the crime scene again to check if what I think of is really true. Then when I checked the victim's shoe, I found something on it that's not in the right place in the comfort room.
Anthony asked what was I thinking of, but I said that I will explain it later. I asked some people if they remember the people that went in the comfort room before the victim.
They said that a guy named, Justin came in right before the victim. They said that this Justin is also an artist but doesn't hold a grudge with the victim.
I asked the inspector to look for a man named Justin Finlan. Then when they successfully located the prime suspect, he was so nervous that he can't stop he's hands from trembling. I asked him if he saw the victim come right after him.
He said that he doesn't know anything about the crime. Then, suddenly, I stepped into something. "What's a trophy doing here?" I asked the people if they know the trophy, they said that it's John's trophy when he won the best painting award las year.
I saw some blood in the trophy's handle, and thought that the trophy may be the murder weapon instead of the toilet. I asked the forensic team to check if the blood in the trophy came from the victim. After checking it faster than expected, they said that it was from the victim given that they have samples of the blood from the floor and the toilet.
I also asked them to compare the prime suspect's fingerprints with the ones on the trophy. After an hour, they told me that they're 100% match. I told this to the inspector and they asked the suspect the reason I why his fingerprints were there.
The suspect said that he doesn't know. "I guess I have no choice, Inspector, I'm gonna be the one who'll tell you the reason." I explained to them that this Justin Finlan is the one who killed the architect.
He made it a double death, given that the toilet has more blood than the trophy. That's because the trophy is only used to make the victim knock down. Then, when the victim was already down, he carried its head and made it go all the way to the toilet with all his force. The evidence is that the footprints with the mud in it are not from the victim.
Many footprints were found near the body. "But if you tell us that you left before the victim entered, why were there only footprints near the body, but not bellow the body?"
He said that he didn't really wanna kill the victim at that time; he just wanted to talk to him. But the victim said something about his painting that made him mad. "You're paintings are all lame, you don't deserve my autograph."
Then, the police brought him in the police station in the case of murder.