Chapter 7 : Missing Wife

Rekka

While walking home, I met this man named, Mark Lino. He was waiting for me outside my agency. I asked him why was he there, he told me that he has an important case and is going to ask my help. We came inside the agency to talk about the case.
He said that he's wife is missing for almost a month. "Why not, report it to the police?" I asked. He said that a letter has been found the next morning after his wife went missing. "Don't try to tell this to the police, or else you will see your wife dead." "That's what the letter said." He said. I said that I'll handle the case.
"Thank you, how much can I pay you?" He said. "It's okay, I don't need money at this moment. Keep it as you may need it anytime." I replied. I asked him to bring me to his house. When we arrived, I saw that his house is quite big; more like a mansion to me. I asked him, what his job is. He said that he is a businessman.
I asked him to show me the letter, so, he went inside his room to get it. While he was inside, I started to inspect the area. I found an ash tray, so, I asked Mark if he smokes. He said yes, he smokes; but just a little bit. I checked the fridge to see if he's been drinking lately.
When I checked the fridge, I saw some bottles of beer. I went around his house to check the other rooms. I saw a wine cellar so I thought that he really loves drinking beer. I looked around once again, and found damage in the floor. The floor is wooden so it can be damaged easily.
I asked him what happened, he said that a wine slipped out of his hands and fell on the floor. He invited me to go to the guest room to talk about the case. He showed me the letter, I smelled an indecent smell. It's the paper, I smelled the paper; its scent smells like... GAS!
I called Ellise and said that she needs to search for gas stations near our location. She said she found 6 of them; and that she will send the data through the computer to my phone. We went to the nearest one and asked if there were unusual vehicles that made a paper fall in the gas. They said that there isn't any unusual vehicle that acted like the way I said it did. Same result for the 2nd until the 5th gas station we went to.
But at the last station, they did see this vehicle. So, I asked them to show me the CCTV footage at that time. We saw a pick-up truck; and then when we zoomed in the window. We saw her wife tied tightly, with a duct tape in its mouth. I called Ellise again to get some information about a pick-up truck; plate number is KJK 418.
She said that the location of the car right now is at the Shimmer Street. The house is color Orange, with a mango tree in its backyard. We went to this house immediately; but only found the car, no person or anything inside. "Looks like I need to go in." I said to myself. I went inside the house but no one was there.
So, when we were about to go back to his house, I received a call from Anthony. "Rekka, your service is needed here!" Anthony said. "Why, I'm in the middle of investigating a case right now." I replied. "A woman has been saved from an abandoned apartment. She said that her husband put her there; his husband's name is Mark Lino. " Anthony said loudly that Mark heard us. "Don't you dare tell the police officer!" While pointing a gun at me. "I won't tell the police, just put the gun down." I tried to convince him but... "No way can I be fooled by you!" He shouted.
"Seems like I have no choice." I kicked him, broke his finger, and stole the gun from him. I punched him hardly in the face that made him go knock down. I called Anthony again to tell him that Mark is with me.
The police came a few minutes later; Anthony was also there, so we talked about the case for 30 minutes.