Chapter 3 : Mysterious Detective

Rekka

When I reached home, I saw an unfamiliar face. She was investigating, so I asked the officers who this woman is. They said that it was their senior; Lieutenant Therese Right. She was just at the same level as Anthony. Anthony was there so I asked him, what's with the new detective. He said that she was his partner, but now they are separated because the chief detective thought that they can improve themselves if they will work on they're on. "But, why is she here now?" I asked him. But it seems like she heard us, "Better save it for later."

I asked Anthony for the latest update of the case. He said that fingerprints weren't found in the murder weapon. No clues were found, but something dangerous was found in the house. "What is it?" It was a black mamba snake. But we knew that the Black Mamba was caught, few hours ago.

"Again, Black Mamba is a serial killing group, right?" I asked Anthony "Yeah... Why?" "Just, because, only one guy has been caught earlier." He was shocked, as if he didn't knew about this. I asked him if the arresting officer told him, but no information came to him.

Then, I just decided to go to my dad's house and live there for a short period of time while my house is being investigated. While going home, I met a group of men, delivering sacks and boxes. A box fell and blood spilled out from it!!

They saw me, so I ran to the opposite direction. But their leader shot me in my right leg. I couldn't run at that time, so I shouted "HELP!" Then I was unconscious. They broke my injured arm, and injured my legs. Thinking that I'm already dead, they left me on the road. When I woke up, I was already in the hospital. My body was in pain.

Anthony, My father, Heart, and Ellise was there. Anthony told me, that Lieutenant Right was the one investigating my case right now. She said that, the police will need my statement if I'm ready to give it, anytime. I said that I'm already ready. So Anthony called the police officers to come in, while he asked the others to get out for a while.

"Now, do you remember how did the suspects look like?" The officer asked.

"I didn't saw the face clearly, but they were wearing black." I replied.

"How many suspects were there?" He asked again.

"More than ten, fifteen to be exact." I answered.

"Have you engaged in a fight these past days?" He asked.

"No, but I solved a case yesterday; related to a killing group, Black Mamba" I answered him.

"Thank you for cooperating, sir" They saluted me, as they go out.

"How was the interview?" They asked. "It's working well, but I'm still worried if I will be able to investigate again." Anthony said that the injury wasn't that bad, but I still have to rest here for more than a month.

After a month...

"Rekka, you can be discharged tomorrow!" Heart said. "Really?" I said excitedly. "Yes! I talked with the doctor, and she said that you will be discharged tomorrow." She replied. "Thanks, Heart, By the way where's Ellise?" I asked. "Oh, she's in her clinic doing some surgery in a child's tooth." We laughed together, until Anthony came. "Rekka! Urgent! Your father's in the police station!"

We rushed to the police station. My father was accused of murdering a guy named, Drey Walterson. "Wait, that guy, wasn't he the so called Black Mamba?" Heart asked. "Yeah" I replied. "Then how did former chief kill him?" Anthony asked. "That's what we should find out." I said.

We went to the crime scene. "...cause of death is a stab in his chest..." We heard from a forensic investigator. We looked for the victim, but he was undergoing the autopsy. Then we met Ellise there looking for us, she said that Anthony called her and said that my father was in the police station and to come to the scene of the crime immediately.

But I asked her to go home, because it was too dangerous for her. But she refused and told me that she can protect herself from any danger. I couldn't stop her from joining so I just let her. But I'm still worried about her safety, especially now that I'm still injured.