Part One - Chapter Twenty-One: Cristiano's First Match

Alexa had tried to take Cristiano’s mind off his first match with Real Madrid; she knew he was nervous; she sighed as she watched her boyfriend prepare for the home game against Rosenborg BK.

Alexa sighed as she wrapped her arms around his waist making him stop; he smiled softly as she rested her head against his back.

“Don’t worry so much,” Alexa said trying to sooth him, Cristiano turned around to face his girlfriend who pressed a kiss to his lips; she knew he was worried about what people thought of him since his £80m transfer.

Cristiano cupped her face as he kissed her; he worried about what little time he had left with Alexa before she went back to California. Alexa held him close as they kissed, they were too wrapped up in their moment to notice Hugo stepping into the room.

“Stop eating each other,” Hugo said as he moved passed his brother making Cristiano glared at him wondering why Hugo had insisted on coming back to Madrid for this game, he loved his brother; but he was distracting him from his girlfriend.

Alexa rolled her eyes as she released Cristiano, who zipped up his carry-all; she smiled at him as she left the room to go find Daniella who was lounging around by the pool.

“You okay?” Hugo asked seeing the sadness on his brother’s face; he knew that Cristiano didn’t want the blonde to leave and had grown attached to having Alexa home with him in Madrid.

Over the past few weeks, Dolores had asked if Alexa would consider transferring her degree to Madrid’s University; it had been a surprise to them all that Dolores seemed quite taken with Alexa.

“Cris… we know you don’t want her to go,” Hugo said making his younger brother nod; he couldn’t bear the thought of her meeting someone else while she was studying.

***

Sitting in a private box in the Santiago Bernabéu, Alexa sighed as she ran a hand through her hair as she watched the teams warm up for the match.

Alexa was wearing a cream bubble hem blouse and black straight leg jeans paired with black canvas lace up pumps; she was dressed casual since she doubted anyone would care what she was wearing right now.

Daniella beamed as they sat in the box and watched the players warm up, she had never been to a football match before and she was in awe of how good looking most of the footballers were.

“So who is who?” Daniella asked making Alexa shrug, she hadn’t been introduced to any of Cristiano’s new team mates yet; she was a little nervous about meeting anyone from the team.

Daniella watched herfriend for a moment as Hugo dismissed himself, as he headed to get a snack before she spoke; she needed to know if her friend was still joining her in California.

“Are you sure that you still want to go to university in California?” Daniella asked, she worried her friend was going to be miserable if she did so.

Alexa sighed as she looked at her best friend, of course she had thought about this; she and Cristiano had been getting so serious as of late and she worried about what would happen if she did leave.

“I don’t know… I don’t want to rely on Cris for everything,” Alexa said as the match kicked off, the red head nodded understandingly; Alexa had never been the type to use someone.

“I don’t know if I’ll be able to leave though…” Alexa added making Daniella look at her, she had never known Alexa to take to someone like this.

The pair had been dating around four months now, and it was clear they were both mad about each other; they were facing a big decision and Alexa had to decided soon what she was going to do.

Daniella sighed and smiled at her best friend as Hugo returned with some chips, she nodded at him as he sat down next to her as he munched on his chips.

Hugo and Daniella had been talking quietly about the couple and they worried that if Alexa did go to California for university then the relationship wouldn’t survive in anyway.

Cristiano was worried that Alexa would find someone closer to her age and would dump him for the new man and while she hadn’t admitted it Alexa had a similar concern about Cristiano and models.

“So who do you think is going to win?” Daniella asked as she looked at Alexa, she was trying to keep things light and was going to have to speak to her friend about following her heart when it came to her relationship.

Alexa smiled as she brushed some hair from her face, she was glad that Daniella hadn’t questioned her more; she didn’t need to think about what she was going to do.

Hugo eyed his brother’s girlfriend, he didn’t know what was going to happen but Alexa had three weeks before she had to leave for orientation and she was going to have to decide if she could leave Cristiano behind for fourteen weeks until she could come to Madrid for Christmas to be with him.

***

Cristiano pressed a kiss to Alexa’s lips as he pulled her to him, allowing some of his team-mates to wolf-whistle at the couple; Daniella and Hugo rolled their eyes, this was something that they were growing used to.

Cristiano had insisted that the trio joined him in the player’s lounge at the end of the game; he wanted to show off his girlfriend and he hadn’t been able to resist.

“Come on Ronaldo… let the poor girl breathe,” Raúl Albiol called making Cristiano pull a tongue at him as he released Alexa who blushed; she was a little embarrassed about being around his team-mates.

A couple of his new team-mates looked over at Alexa, it was clear that Cristiano was completely smitten by her and that he was really happy.

Cristiano wrapped an arm around her, making Alexa raise an eyebrow at him; he chuckled pressing another kiss to her lips, he still couldn’t believe that she was his.

“If you don’t stop kissing me… people are going to talk,” Alexa warned him making Cristiano roll his eyes; everyone would talk about them anyway and he didn’t care what anyone said or thought about them.

“You’re a WAG now… everyone talks about you anyway,” he muttered before kissing her again, Alexa stiffened slightly at the mention of the trashy nickname that was given to the other halves of the footballers.

It was one of the reasons that she was determined not to lean too much on her boyfriend, Alexa saw all the headlines and what they said about the women that didn’t have jobs and seemed to splash their rich boyfriend’s money; she didn’t want that to happen to her.

Cristiano couldn’t keep his hands off of Alexa who smiled at him as she kissed him; he held her close as they kissed.

Daniella and Hugo watched the couple, they knew that the next few weeks were going to be difficult and there was no way around it.

“Do you think she’ll leave?” Hugo asked the red head who shook her head, she had no idea what her best friend was going to do but she needed to make a decision and soon.

“I don’t know…” Daniella replied as Cristiano introduced Alexa to his new team mates; they looked so happy and they both deserved it.