Part One - Chapter Fifteen: Talking About the Future

Alexa stared at Cristiano as they entered at his home, she crossed her arms and waited for him to speak; she had so many questions right now.

Cristiano sighed and led her into the living room; Alexa sat down on the couch and looked at him waiting for him to speak, he sighed as he moved to sit down next to her.

“I’m transferring to Real Madrid at the end of the season,” Cristiano said softly making Alexa nod, she remembered hearing her brothers’ talking about a possible transfer; everyone had been talking about it and she wanted to know what this would mean.

“No one apart from my agent, select members of both teams and my family know about the transfer…” Cristiano said looking at her, she nodded taking in what he was saying.

Cristiano sighed and watched her for a moment, he had been meaning to tell her about the transfer; he had so much on his mind and he wasn’t sure quite what to say.

“And what does this mean for us?” Alexa asked softly, this was going to be a big move for her boyfriend and she didn’t want to get in the way if he was meant to be doing something.

Cristiano smiled softly, Alexa was important to him and he didn’t want to lose her; he wouldn’t have paid off Dixon if she wasn’t.

“You’re important to me Alexa, I know that you have University but I want to be with you… I think I’m falling for you,” Cristiano said making her smile at him.

Cristiano ran a hand through her hair, he allowed her to rest her head against his; she felt him hold her closer, she felt like she was falling for him as well and she didn't know what she would do when it came time for her to leave.

“So you’re moving to Madrid,” Alexa said making him nod, his hands trailing along her body, as she sat close to him; she bite her lip as she thought about what this meant for her. Alexa had no idea what the future was going to hold but either way she was going to be in California while he remained in Europe; it was going to be weeks or months between when she would see him.

“I want you with me Alexa…” Cristiano said softly making her nod; she didn’t need to think about this, she already knew the answer and she was sure that she was making the right decision.

“So what do we do?” Alexa asked making Cristiano smile at her as she looked at him, he sighed not sure what to make of all of this and what to do next; the two sat quietly for a moment as they thought about their relationship.

“They announce my transfer next week… so we could go look at houses next week,” Cristiano said making Alexa look at him confused; he wanted her help in picking his new home.

Alexa chewed on her lip, she wasn’t sure what to think about what he was doing; she didn’t want to over think their relationship just yet.

“I want you to move in with me,” Cristiano said, he honestly had no intention of letting her mother get to her while she was his girlfriend.

Alexa looked at him confused, she was starting university in September and couldn’t compute between America and Spain every week; Cristiano rolled his eyes as he sensed her thought process.

“I want you with me when you have free time… reading weeks, Christmas, Easter and your summer holidays,” Cristiano said making her smile at him; she was really starting to fall for him and she couldn’t say no to him.

Alexa nodded making Cristiano smile before he pulled her into a kiss, they stayed curled up like that for a moment; he held her close as they kissed.

This was all that matter to Cristiano, he couldn’t bring himself to care how the future would turn out.

***

Alexa chewed on her lip as she climbed into bed, she had changed out of her dress and was wearing her navy short sleeve T-shirt and pink star print pyjama bottoms.

It was getting late and Alexa was exhausted after an evening with her family, she certainly was glad that she hadn’t run into her mother.

Alexa yawned as she settled into the large bed that Cristiano had, she laid back in bed as she waited for her boyfriend to join her; she closed her green eyes as she waited for him to arrive.

“Lexi,” Cristiano murmured as he climbed into bed, he was only wearing a pair of sweats and couldn’t resist kissing his girlfriend.

Cristiano was never going to tell her that he had paid Dixon to leave, he knew it was just asking for trouble; he wanted to protect her and that was why he had paid Dixon to leave, he wasn’t good for Alexa.

Alexa opened her eyes and looked at Cristiano, she could see that something was on his mind and it made her wonder what was wrong; he had been a little quiet since their serious talk about their future.

Alexa was a little nervous about the move to Madrid, it seemed so unreal and she was curious about how much her life was going to change.

Alexa knew very little about football and she was going to have to get used to it since it was Cristiano’s life.

Cristiano allowed her to cuddle into his side, a smile forming on his face as he watched her; it had been a long day and he was glad that they were able to cuddle up together now.

“Good night,” Alexa murmured as she rested her head on his shoulder, Alexa smiled as she felt Cristiano’s hands wrapped around her waist and held her close.

“Boa noite,” Cristiano murmured as he pressed a kiss to her head, he couldn’t believe that he was so lucky and he loved that he had someone like her in his life.

***

Jennifer frowned as she prepared for bed, the dinner had been wonderful and she still couldn’t believe that she was getting married in a few days.

“I can’t believe Alexandria managed to get someone like him,” Jennifer said as she brushed her hair, she could never understand why her sister was dating a footballer.

Alexa was so plain and boring, someone that didn’t deserve to be a WAG and yet somehow she was; it made Jennifer angry that her sister had something that she didn’t.

Richard rolled his eyes as he read his book while listening to his fiancée complain about things that weren’t even about her and didn’t affect their wedding; Jennifer hadn’t shut up about her sister’s boyfriend since Alexa had moved in with him.

“So what?” Richard asked making his fiancée look at him, she frowned as she thought about his question; she didn’t understand why he was seeing the problem here.

“It shouldn’t matter who Alexandria is courting… you’re engaged to me,” Richard said as he climbed out of bed, Jennifer flinched as she watched Richard stand as he walked over to her, he was sick of listening to her slag her younger sister off, the girl hadn’t done anything wrong.

Richard put his hands on Jennifer’s shoulders making her wince at his touch, she looked down as he gripped her shoulders hoping he wouldn’t leave a bruise.

“I’m sorry…” Jennifer said making him smile before he squeezed her shoulders tightly making her bite back a cry of pain; she hadn’t told anyone what went on between her and her fiancé, she was too embarrassed.

“Let’s go to bed… we have a long day tomorrow before the wedding,” Richard said making Jennifer nod at him, she forced a smile as she stood a gently kissed him.