Part One - Chapter Seventeen: A New Home

Pushing her golden brown oval frame sunglasses up her face, Alexa leant back against the silver Mercedes Benz that Cristiano had borrowed while they were in Madrid; she sighed as she watched her boyfriend talk on the phone.

Alexa had grown used to the press that now followed them pretty much everywhere and the press still found their relationship interesting.

Cristiano flashed her, a smile as he continued to talk to his agent over the phone about the final details of his transfer to his new club.

Alexa fanned herself lightly, she was surprised at the warm weather and wasn't used to it, she was wearing a blue woven floral swing top and white linen shorts paired with red leather flat sandals.

Cristiano sighed as he moved back to her side, she looked at him as he approached her; he was getting stressed out since the press now knew of his coming transfer to Real Madrid.

"Everything, okay?" Alexa asked as he approached her and he nodded, they had been in Madrid eight days now and still hadn't found a house that what they wanted.

Cristiano opened the passenger door for her and smiled; Alexa was happy that he had at least left the air-con on for her in the car to keep it cool while they were out in the sun.

"Perfect... they're set the date for my transfer," Cristiano said making her look at him, she knew he looked nervous and she didn't blame him; they were paying a lot of money for his services and it was a record breaking amount.

"I will officially be a Real Madrid player as of the 30th June," he said making her nod. Alexa sighed as she sat in the car, Cristiano watched her for a moment before pressing a kiss to her lips; he was happy that she was by his side for this.

***

Pulling up outside yet another house, Cristiano sighed as he looked at Alexa as she slipped off her sunglasses; this would be the seventeenth one they had looked at that week and the blonde was looking forward to a break.

The couple had only been in Madrid for eight days and in the ten weeks that they had been together; they hadn't really had much time to relax.

"It looks nice..." Alexa said, though she had said the same thing about the other houses; she honestly had no idea what else to say, she had never been house shopping before.

Cristiano chuckled as he got out of the car, Alexa rolled her eyes as she got out as well as they were approached by the real-estate agent that had been with them all week.

"Hola señor Ronaldo," the estate agent greeted, Alexa was pleased that she remembered most of her Spanish classes, so she understood a little of what was being said while they had been shown around.

Cristiano wrapped his arm around Alexa's waist and smiled at the estate agent who was battering her eyes at him; he wasn't interested in any other women and Alexa was the only one that he would ever want.

The estate agent looked slightly put off at the sight of Alexa who Cristiano held close to him; she sighed and fished the house key out of her pocket, she had been trying all week with no luck.

"Shall we?" the estate agent said making Cristiano nod, they moved forward with him taking Alexa's hand as they went inside; he was all too aware what the estate agent wanted to happen and he wasn't interested.

"Okay... the house has five bedrooms, all en-suite and there is a downstairs toilet. If we go this way..." the estate agent said leading them into the living room, she continued to give the couple details about the large house that they were currently in.

"The house is eleven minutes from Real Madrid's stadium... and twenty minutes away from the training ground," the estate agent said as they continued to walk through the house and checked out all of the downstairs.

Cristiano nodded, this had to be the closest they had gotten to his new team's grounds and it was something that he liked even if it did make him even more nervous about his impending transfer.

Alexa looked at him and smiled, squeezing his hand in comfort; she could see that he was nervous and she didn't want him worrying about anything.

"The house also includes a study upstairs, an outhouse that contains a home gym and spa with an outdoor swimming pool," the estate agent continued as she showed them the gardens, it was big and spacious for the couple.

Alexa nibbled on her lip, she liked the house and was sure that Cristiano would be fine living there; she would be away most of the year and she knew he had to be comfortable.

"Could you give us a minute?" Cristiano asked with a smile as he looked at the woman that was showing them around; the estate agent nodded for a second looking slightly dazed that he had spoken to her.

Alexa held back an amused laugh as they were left alone, Cristiano raised an eyebrow at her but she shook her head as she sat down on the steps to the back garden.

"What do you think?" Cristiano asked making Alexa sigh as she ran a hand through her hair; she wasn't sure what to say especially since he wanted this to be her home as well.

Cristiano watched her for a moment as Alexa looked up at him, he wanted her to look forward to spending her free time with him and the right home meant that she would be comfortable whenever she was staying with him.

"It's nice..." Alexa said making Cristiano roll his eyes since she had said that about all of the houses; Cristiano sat next to her, as she watched him knowing what he was thinking about.

"I like it Cris... but you'll be the one living here," Alexa said making Cristiano flinch, he didn't like to be reminded that he was going to lose her soon; it was the middle of June and their time was slowly running out.

Long distance would be a problem and Alexa would be gone six weeks at a time while she was studying at the University of California.

Cristiano shook his head, dismissing the apology that bubbled on her lips and pressed a kiss to them, he could see she didn't mean to upset him.

"I want you comfortable while you're here..." Cristiano said as the estate agent returned, Alexa ignored the look that the blonde shot at her; she was used to being glared at because she was dating Cristiano.

"So what do you think?" the estate agent asked eagerly, Cristiano looked at Alexa who nodded; she could see herself living here with him when she wasn't studying.

"The price currently stands at... €2,400,000," the estate agent said making Alexa choke softly on her own breath; Cristiano rubbed his girlfriend's back and nodded at the estate agent.

"That's fine... can I sort out the paperwork now?" Cristiano asked, making Alexa and the estate agent stare at him, the estate agent squeaked in response before she disappeared to get what was needed.

"I forget what it must be like to be rich," Alexa said making him roll his eyes; she had never had a boyfriend who made more in a week than her parents did in a year.

"What's mine is yours," Cristiano told Alexa as the estate agent returned looking flustered, she smiled at Cristiano as she held up to sets of paperwork.

The footballer wasn't about to tell his girlfriend what waited for her in California, it was a surprise that could wait for her another day.