Chapter 36: Too Chicken To Ask, Too Brave To Be With You

Mikai

I looked at her picture in my locker. She's really beautiful, stunning, gorgeous. Chestnut brown hair, brown eyes and a perfectly tan complexion. Alysa Gaston. We had Arts together. Emphasis on had. She decided to move classes because of Daniel, the bully who got kicked out.

I carefully ripped the picture off and placed it in between the pages of my History book. I grabbed the rest of my locker's contents and placed them in my mini duffle bag. I walked out of the locker room and out the school. I decided to pass by the coffee shop owned by Benjie's aunt before heading home. The coffee shop is inside Hills Tourist Hotel.

I spotted one of Alysa's friend in the coffee shop. Adjusting the bag and taking a deep breath. I walked in. Genevieve Tarra. Bleached blonde hair that were shaved at the sides so only the center has hair and ash gray eyes. Tattoo decorated arms. Piercing laden face. Black makeup and clothes.

She's sitting with her fellow goth friends today since I didn't see any sign of Alysa with them.

I walked over to where she and her friends sat. As soon as they saw me approaching they all decided to pretend to be on their phones. This didn't make change my mind and walk away.

"Hey Genevieve," I greeted with an awkward wave and smile. She looked up and gave me a half smile. Then looked back at her phone.

"Hello," she said with a roll of her eyes. That shocked me a bit but whatever. "Do I know you?" It sounded more of a snap than a question.

"Uh no. I'm Mikai. Mikai Weekes." I extended my hand for a handshake. Genevieve looked at me then her attention shifted to my outstretched hand. She shook it after what seemed like an eternity. It was a slight handshake, she made it quicker than Quicksilver running across the field.

"What else does Mikey need?" She asks. She sips her coffee, no, she slurps her coffee before adding, "aside from introducing himself?"

Now its an insult to me when people call me 'Mikey'. I hate it, I hate it with passion. I just thought Genevieve didn't know that so I didn't mind. I gathered up all the courage I had and said, "do you know Alysa's number?"

Her eyes grew wide and stared deeply at her friend who gave her the same look and expression. With a low voice she says,"Alysa?"

"Y-yes. I was just thinking maybe I can—" I was cut off by Genevieve abruptly standing and walking past me. Her friends followed her out the door.

What did I do?

Oh right. She and Alysa had a fight and they weren't hanging out ever since.

Uh. Who to ask? Who to ask?

I'm too chicken to ask Alysa herself.

Well if I'm too chicken, then how am I supposed to ask her out?

Never mind that. I can do this. I can ask her myself. I'm a Weekes, I'm not afraid of ladies. I will never be afraid of them.

I suck in air and turned around. I walked over the counter and ordered capuccino with frappe. The cashier prepared my coffee and handed it to me. I paid her 15$ and walked away.