Chapter 28: Hills Hospital

3rd Person

Beeping. Darkness. Shuffling. Beeping. Darkness. Shuffling. More beeping. Unbearable darkness. Increased shuffling. Beeping again.

Slowly, she inched her eyes open, bright light cascaded in her pupils making her shut them as quickly as she opened them. But even in that friction of a second moment that she opened her eyes, Andes caught a glimpse of white.

Curiosity overwhelmed the fifteen year old and opened her eyes, finding herself in a white room. Panic washed over her and she quickly got up, her head swam as she did so making her lie back down again.

Looking around, Andes saw machines on a table beside the bed she's lying in. Wires made their way into her body and a dextrose tube attached to her hand. Typical hospital. But what is she doing in a hospital in the first place?

Andes closed her eyes trying to remember what happened but everything's a blur. She snapped out of her thoughts when the door opened and a doctor went in. She have a clipboard in her hand and a stethoscope around her neck.

"Oh hello, sweetie," she greeted when she saw her patient awake. "How are you feeling?"

Andes stared at her for a long time before inhaling oxygen and letting it out as a long sigh. "Not good," she replied. The doctor's smile dropped and proceeded to scribble something in her clipboard. "Can you tell me what I'm doing here?" Andes asked, making her stop writing and sighed.

"We can't remember?" The doctor asked politely but Andes decided to retort with sarcasm.

"No. I can't remember. Not we, Doctor?" Andes prolonged the last word.

"Got it."

"Doctor Got It? Nice name?"

"Oh no no no. I'm Doctor Pauline and you were admitted here two days ago"

Two days ago. Andes sure is a heavy sleeper but never in her life did she sleep that long. She opened her mouth to say something but Dr. Pauline cut her into it.

"Unconscious"

Okay. She knew that.

"—and bloody"

That she didn't know. Bloody how exactly?

"How? Exactly?" Andes asked and slowly inched up to a sitting position, Dr. Pauline helping her do so.

"Wounds honey. You were covered in wounds," Dr Pauline said in a sad voice and gestured to her patient's bandage and stitches covered body.

A gasp escaped Andes's lips. Her eyes widened and her body tensed. Her lips quivered as she stared at her self. She looked like a complete mummy+Frankenstein at the same time. Andes narrowed her eyes and scrunched her nose, her hands balling into a fist around the white sheets and burst out crying. She felt Dr Pauline's hand rubbing circles in her back and telling her its gonna be alright.

"I—I remember. I remember what happened," Andes screamed in between sobs. Dr Pauline wrapped both arms around her and continued rubbing her back. "I remembered what I did! I'm sorry I'm so so sorry!"

"Sshh. Its not your fault. You don't have to be sorry. Its okay. Its alright," Dr Pauline whispered.

Andes pushed her off and glared at her, tears still dropping like bombs. "Okay? This is not okay! I'm not okay! I promise. I'm not okay. This is so not okay. And it sure hell isn't alright," Andes ranted, running her bandaged hands along her hair and pulled her knees closer to her, pain erupting across her body as she did so.