Chapter 21: January Fest

One week and one day later (January 2)

3rd Person

Peaches Valley City stadium is filled to the roof with thousands of people. They're here for only one thing, to watch three bands compete against each other. Its usually five to seven bands but the other schools didn't participate this time.

The host stands in the middle of a wide stage, announcing how amazing this year's January Fest will be and the first band to play an original and a cover is no other than Peaches Valley City High School's Trinity Fall!

Cheers erupted from the crowd as the three membered band made their way to the stage. The lead singer winked at the crowd before singing a song she announced as Caravan. The crowd wildly cheered when the song ended and gradually silenced when the lead singer announced the cover song as Madness. A song by Sleeping With Sirens. At the end of their performance the band members smirked evilly and thanked everyone in the stadium before trudging to the back stage.

"Better prepare a bucket when you lose Last Rites," Lyanna, the lead singer, chuckled evilly as she passed by the second band to perform. The members of the said band gulped down their fear as they walked onstage.

Loud cheering met the five membered band, The Last Rites, who started playing a song they called The White Room. Its a song about an insane man in an asylum who can't accept the fact that he's deluded. The crowd cheered after they performed a cover version of Props And Mayhem by Pierce The Veil.

"They're gonna lose anyway," a member of Trinity Fall scoffed as Trinity Fall pass him by.

As Black Butterflies made their way onstage they said loudly, "good luck losing you bunch of sorry excuses for human beings!" Of course its actually Trinity Fall they're striking.

Onstage, really loud cheering blared from thousands of expectators. Benjie greeted the band the usual way and the crowd cheered wildly to the rooftops.

"Okay ladies and gentlemen. This song is called, Stay," he announced and the band started performing. Ash killed it in the rap verse and the crowd roared when Mikai slammed his bass on the stage, nearly smashing it. A wild guitar solo by Andes brought the crowd from crazy cheering to exaggerated overactive cheering as she shredded the black and white guitar.

"Now who wants to hear a cover!" Benjie screamed after performing the original. The audience answered with a loud, earshattering yes. "Ready yourselves!" He screamed and the crowd cheered.

But all was met by deafening silence. The stage went pitch black and only soft murmurs of the audience filled the atmosphere. Then, Nadine broke the silence by hitting the G note. Half the crowd roared with tears and the other half with sadness.

"No!" Some girls in MCR shirts screamed, tears streaming down their cheeks. But this didn't stop Black Butterflies from performing Welcome To The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance and making the whole world cry.

After the competition

The three bands stood side by side in the middle of the stage while the host stared at the crowd intently. An intense drum beat played in the background adding more intenseness to the stadium as everyone held their breaths together.