Chapter 19: The Bandits Headquarters

Five days after the Winter Battle

December 25

Moose

"You are invited!

What: Winter Celebration
When: today (December 25)
Where: The Bandits Headquarters, Banshee Island, Hills. 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Who: Winter Battle competitors and.... You!

Come on time. :)

Nico Mullins, The Bandits" I read the invitation letter that came with some plastic Christmas cookies I almost ate. The cookies, I found out, are glow in the dark decorations that sticks to any surface. Hmn. I might as well stick it in the ceiling of my room. I'm currently sitting in the black leather couch in our living room.

"Sweetie? What're you doing?" Mom asked as she went down the stairs. She just got home from the fancy restaurant serving French cuisine.

"Oh. Uh its an invitation letter. I'm reading an invitation letter," I replied, turning the blue and gold glittery letter. Mom went near me and took the letter from my hands.

"What does it mean 'you'?" She asked. I shrugged.

"I don't know. Maybe it refers to me. Or to those who received the letter," I said while playing with my bracelets, revealing a few cuts underneath.

"Well you should go!" Mom threw the letter at me out of joy.

"But. Its Christmas and you said that we'll go visit my cousins again," I protested. "You know that—" I was cut off when the front door opened, revealing four familiar aliens.

"And you know that we are here right?" James said as he marched in, popping every word.

Words seem to have lost my throat so I just stared and nodded. My cousins laughed.

"Well are ya waiting for dude! Go get changed and bring us to this little partay!" Barry said the last word with his voice a little restrained and did a little dance with his eyes closed.

"Uhm. How did you know that—" I couldn't find the right word to say it.

"Ugh. We are the gods of eavesdropping bro!" Jaime said with a grin and his hands up to the heavens. "We the eavesdropping gods!"

"Whatever dude," I chuckled and rushed up the stairs to my room.

A little while later I ran back down the stairs and saw my cousins laughing their asses off. Well, three of them are laughing while one is glaring daggers at the others. Even Mom looked at what's going on through the kitchen door.

"What is going on?" I hesitantly asked.

"Why didn't you tell me they were fake?" Barron asked, crossing his arms in front of his chest. I was confused but then I saw the Christmas cookies near him. The ones that came with the letter. Upon seeing them I burst out laughing.