Chapter 24: Moose's School Task

Moose

January 7 is pretty much a not so fun time for me.

My cousins had to go home, mom got her job back in the city as a sous chef at a fancy French cuisine. Some sort of horrible tragedy broke out at The Bandits HQ and the very innocent, very honest, very nice Nico Mullins got possessed by a friggin ghost. Andes and her band weren't talking to each other and they're so distant. I mean Mikai still invites me over to his house and I got to meet his parents. The Rap Dogs moved out of town and The Elites went on tour.

Me? I'm always home alone. Left with just Lucy who loves mom so much it wouldn't go near anyone except mom.

Multiple home works, projects and a few quizzes I missed after I skipped class when I was so sick. That was back in January 5 I think. I'm so tired. I still have thirty-five home works left and I finished nineteen of them. The school here seems pretty laid back but damn it when it comes to home works. And taking down notes. Plus exams are next week and so far I already used up all the pages of my binder notebooks. And I had tons of catching up since I enrolled during the third grading period of the school year.

In other words, I'm doing fine.

That's sarcasm.

Who the hell would be doing fine with all these projects!

In English literature we need to research about Shakespeare's plays and make our own version of Romeo And Juliet then present it as a group. A friggin role play of our own version of the tragedy. And since I was the one who got the best grade in scriptwriting my group mates decided it is a good idea to give the task to me. I'm thinking on not killing the couple and instead giving them a real happy ever after. Then they'd die of old age. That's better than thirteen years olds killing themselves because they can't be with the love of their lives. I once thought Juliet was past the age of 18 as well as Romeo. Didn't expect that twist there with the age. Damn.

History class? Our project is to make a printed essay of our speech if ever we become presidents of the country. Might as well write 'never gonna happen' in big bold fonts in the front page and 'ever' at the back. Try doing it yourself Ms Shay. Let's see how you like it.

AP Economics there's another role play by group obviously. We need to present the different types of buyers and sellers and how to get away from scammers. Entrepreneurship we need to make our own product (i.e. food) and sell it to the students. We can have a partner and thank the lord Mikai and I are in the same Entrepreneurship class, we decided to make copies of his comic books and sell them. 25$ each.

Computer Class is lit. Animations and binary. Then webpage making. I'm laughing at myself 'cause I'm such a failure. My animations, I'm planning it to be a '10 Facts About Me'. The webpage is about our hometown and I can write a lot about Sunflower Street, Peaches Valley City. Then we need to work by threes and make a YouTube video. My group's task is to do all the YouTube challenges we know and boy, I know a shit tonne of those. And we also need to throw in some 'different types of people' video.

Don't get me started on Math. The formulas are getting longer and longer and longer. Uhh.

In Music, we need to sing our own original song in front of the whole school in the Drama room. And it has to be original. I can do that, that's just a basic task if you ask.

Gym And Sports Class, not much as well. We'll be grouped and play baseball/softball against each other. Then against other grade levels in HHS. I was a baseball player back when I wasn't emo yet and I hit home runs here and there. Take that.

Agriculture, I love you. We don't do anything aside from go outside to the garden and look at plants. Maybe water them and till the plots and plant a little here and there but that was all. My favorite part of Agriculture class is we get to pick the fruits from the garden and eat them without anyone telling us we can't do it.

Enough with my rambling. I need to finish all these in time and pass them on time and hope I don't fall asleep.

Before I forget, I need to go downstairs and make dinner. It's 5:36 pm and mom usually comes home at 6:00 to 7:00 unless she takes overtime shifts. Oh wait, I forgot, she works at a restaurant and they usually get free food to take home. Usually. What if she doesn't.

As Fire by Sleeping With Sirens is blasting through the mini speaker that has the sound of a damn concert speaker, I multi-task between reading Romeo And Juliet and putting carrots on the soup.

By the time the song changed to All Of My Heart by the same band since its my Sleeping With Sirens playlist playing,  the soup is done and I'm sitting on the couch making my own version of Romeo And Juliet.

A part of it goes:

Romeo climbs the wall to Juliet's balcony, loses his footing and slips down to the ground.

Juliet is fast asleep and she doesn't know what was going on, but once she heard the thud and soft groan, she jolts awake and looks around, afraid that there might be a thief in the house. Rich people need to look out from those dirty raccoons in human form.

Meanwhile, Romeo is writhing in pain as he twisted himself up and ran away before the Capulet guards check whatever the hell that sound of someone falling was. He realized it was such a stupid idea to climb a stone wall using only vines. Next time he'll bring a ladder. Courting goals.

The next day, he was in the market when he spots the beautiful Juliet looking at some flowers. He walks over and trips on some mud. Embarrassed and everyone who saw him were laughing at him, he hastily leaves.

Now the only thing I need to do is turn that to a script and I'll be on my way to the next project or maybe continue my home works.

The Romeo in my version is a handsome lad but he is very clumsy. And that's how Juliet falls in love with him. His dorkiness.

I like it. Since I made it.