Make It Stop

"Annabeth, please open the door," Percy whined. It had been an hour since Annabeth saw Percy and Rachel together. She couldn't stop sobbing. She didn't want to cry. She wanted to be brave and strong. She wanted to face Percy, look him in the eye and tell him that it's over between them. She wanted to act calm and collected as if it didn't bother her at all. But the truth was, it did. She was dying inside. But most of all she wanted to strangle Rachel.

She hated him. She hated everything. But most of all she hated herself. She hated herself for caring for him. For falling for him. For...loving him...

"Please, Annabeth," Percy whispered, lightly knocking the door. "Just let me explain,"

"Go away, Percy," She mumbled. "You have no right to talk to me right now. You have no right to talk to me ever again,"

"Annabeth, just hear me out," he begged. It killed Annabeth not to throw open the door and hug him, forget everything that happened in the past hour and go back to being happy together. But he ruined everything. He broke her heart that he had once fixed. He killed her.

"I swear, Percy if you don't go away now I will kill you," she stated, scarily clam. "You cannot say anything to fix what I just saw you do. So stay away from me,"

She heard receding footsteps and for a while it was quiet again. The sound of Annabeth's sobs echoed through the room.

"Annabeth," Another voice called, it was Rachel. "I had no clue you guys were dating. I'm so, so sorry. But to be honest you deserve better than him. Please forgive me,"

Her voice was genuine and seeping with guilt. She really didn't know they were together. Annabeth wanted to mad at her. But she couldn't be. Rachel was genuinely sorry and that was it. Rachel was right she deserved better. Annabeth wasn't going to let this bring her down.

She got up and looked at herself in the mirror. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying, her hair was a mess and her pants were covered with tears. She quickly changed her pants and washed her face. She tied her hair up into a neat bun and walked out of the room. Rachel was sitting outside her room. As soon as Annabeth got out Rachel got up and looked at her warily.

"I forgive you," Annabeth said. Rachel's face immediately lit up and she hugged Annabeth tightly. Annabeth didn't hug back though. Not that fast. "But don't expect me to forgive Percy,"

"You shouldn't forgive that jerk face," she said, smiling. Annabeth couldn't help but smile slightly at Rachel. Okay yes, this was the girl Percy cheated on her with. But Rachel didn't know that Annabeth and Percy were together. And Rachel apologised to Annabeth, so there was no point at being mad at her. Right?

"I'm gonna leave know," she said, grabbing her bag. "I understand if you don't want me around anymore,"

"No, no," She said, smiling. "You aren't banned or anything. I just need some time,"

"Oh my god," she squealed. "You are the sweetest person on earth!"

Little did Annabeth know that sometimes being sweet isn't great. Sometimes it can pull you into a pool of darkness. And there is no option but to drown. The darkness filling your lungs with poison. Killing you slowly and painfully. Little did she know that Rachel was the pool. The poison. The cause of her pain. Her death.

***

Annabeth hated herself for not being able to hate Percy. She tried but she would always love him.

Why? Why did he kiss Rachel back? Why did he break Annabeth's heart? Why was he killing her? Why?

Someone banged on her door. She thought it was Percy but it wasn't.

"Who is it?" She called, her eyes heavy from all the crying.

"It's Will," He called frantically. He sounded like he was crying. "Annabeth come out fast,"

Annabeth reluctantly got out of her comfortable mattress and stumbled to the door. And pulled it open to reveal Will standing on the other side with tears streaming down his face.

"N-Nico h-he's gone," he said, his voice cracking at the end as he fell to his knees and sobbed. Annabeth's heart sunk to her stomach. She was upset about her love life while her friend was fighting for his life.

Annabeth kneeled down next to him and wrapped Will in a tight hug. She buried her face in Will's messy blond hair and sobbed as well. This couldn't be happening. Everything was going well. Now everyone is crashing down.

"It was a sudden cardiac arrest," he sobbed.

"I-I'm so sorry," Annabeth said, in between sobs.

"I love him," he said. "I-I l-loved him"

"Hey," Annabeth hushed, tears still falling from her eyes. "We can get through this. Nico wouldn't want you to cry like this,"

"I want him back," he cried. "This is all my fault. If I hadn't gone out with him Octavian wouldn't have-"

"Will," she said. "It's not your fault,"

They stayed in that position for a while before Frank called Will asking him to come to the hospital because Hazel was having break down.

"We have to go," Will said, still shaking with sobs.

Annabeth nodded as they walked outside. Percy had already left in the limo so Annabeth took her mustang. It wasn't in great shape but it worked for now.

As soon as they reached Will started full on crying again. She couldn't imagine what it would be like for him. If she lost Per- no she didn't have anyone to lose right now. Percy was already dead to her. Hazel ran up to Annabeth and wrapped her in a tight hug as soon as they walked into the hospital room.

"What did my brother do wrong?" She sobbed, burying her face in Annabeth's shoulder. Annabeth's gaze shifted to the hospital bed. Where Nico lay lifeless all the colour drained from his face. She felt tears slipping down her cheeks once again. She lost two important people today. Nico and Percy. They were gone. And she couldn't get them back.

Will ran out of the room a hand covering his mouth. Percy sat I the other corner of the room red-eyed. Frank's eyes brimmed with tears as he stared of into space. Everyone was hurting. And she couldn't do anything about it.

Hey mystics...
Sorry for this depressing chapter but I had to let one of them go. Okay I didn't have to but I'm evil. And no Nico will not magically come back to life... sorry my mystics...

Have a good day, loves...

Thanks a riptide for reading.