Second Dates End in Flames

"I don't know why he's so bitter!" Annabeth yelled, into her phone to a very surprised and sleepy Piper. "He is the one who kissed that-that devil and now he doesn't want me to move on,"

"Annabeth you know how stupid Percy can get," Piper said, laughing. "He'll get over it. He's just jealous,"

"Of what exactly?!" Annabeth yelled again, using her free hand to grab a fistful of her hair. "He already has Rachel. What more does he want?!"

"Annabeth, we all know that he's still not over you," Piper sighed. "He acts like a lovesick teenager every time we talk to him,"

"Seriously?" Annabeth asked, slightly taken aback by that answer. Percy wasn't over her. For some reason that made her feel a little better though even she was a little hung up on that seaweed brain.

"Yes," Piper groaned. Annabeth could practically imagine Piper rolling her eyes at her on the other end of the line. "Now go to sleep. It's already 1am,"

"Shut up," she huffed. "It's only 4 in the evening,"

"Whatever I need my afternoon power nap," she said, hanging up.

Annabeth placed her phone on her side table and laid down. Her head falling on the soft cloud like pillows. She let out a satisfied sigh as her eyes slowly closed. Just as she was about to drift into complete sleep her phone rang. She groaned and shifted her weight on the bed so she could reach her phone. She quickly grabbed it and checked the caller ID. Luke.

"Hey Annie," He said, happily.

"What do you want?" Annebeth asked rather rudely. But what can she do, she was just interrupted from nap time.

"I was wondering if you want to go on a date with me tonight?" he asked, pleadingly.

Annabeth pushed herself of the bed and walked to her closet a smile covering her face. "Okay, where are we going?" She asked, her eyes scanning the small selection of clothes she owned.

"It's a surprise!" He said, chuckling lightly. Annabeth pulled out one of her only dresses. It was a grey knee length dress which her (step)-dad had got her last year.

"Hm..alright," she said, placing the dress neatly on her bed as she admired it. "You gonna pick me up?"

"Yeah, I'll come over at around 7 o'clock," he said. Then the sound of something shattering was heard through the line. "Oops, dropped a plate,"

"Okay..whatever see you at 7," she said, snickering. "Bye,"

"Bye,"

***

Annabeth stepped out of her room nearly falling on her face since she was wearing her (only pair of) heels. If this place Luke was taking her to was not fancy she would actually kill him. Well, not literally. The most unfortunate thing though was that she tripped she fell on a startled Percy who was walking by.

"Oh, god I'm so sorry," she said, laughing nervously. Percy's arms were wrapped around her waist preventing her from falling down. His green eyes staring at Annabeth's grey ones. Annabeth awkwardly cleared her throat causing Percy to undo his grip.

"Um, sorry," he stuttered, sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck. "I-uh just. You were going to fall so - then -sorry,"

"Don't worry about it," she said, waving her hand dismissively as if it was nothing. But her pounding heart said otherwise. "Thank you, though. You know for like catching me and stuff,"