-4-

really, it wasn't much of a big deal but jimins throat felt like a frog lived there. tight, uncomfortable and dry. anytime he gulped it felt like the frog swallowed his saliva whole. it was incredibly uncomfortable. he reached for water, paper still clutched tightly in grip, downed the remainder of the drink and still felt like this throat was closing in on him. he wouldn't even get started on his heart, heard right in his ears like a bell had just rug above him. it was like his body was giving up on him, too much to handle. i got him number?
it repeats over and over in his head, intricately, even the numbers lap over and over.

he wasn't even aware of how long he had just ... been standing. standing, staring at nothing.

"uh- jimin, are you alright?" namjoon says, holding the staff door open for his little family to trail out - it was actually just seokjin holding one twin, while namjoon holds another with a death grip around the waist. he was not going to drop her. jimin hadn't even registered the voice. he was so caught up in one little guys number. it wasn't that big of a deal.

"it's been silent out here for a suspiciously long time," he speaks again, clearly wanting jimins attention. he doesn't give namjoon any thought.

namjoon closes the door softly, letting seokjin walk out in front and sit himself on the 'waiting room' couch. jiyun repositioning herself to flop right on her fathers lap, tiny face squashed in the fabric of jins jeans. a sleepy but not asleep jiwon cries out a whisper for her other dad, wanting to snuggle up with her sister. she stretches her arms out wide and tries to pull herself out of namjoons vice grip. he gently places her head on jins lap, letting her body rest on the couch.

although jimin stood still like he was apart of the wall, slightly panicking, it was peaceful. the soft clock ticking on the wall as little huffs of breath puff from the tiny twins. namjoon enjoys the quiet comfort, he enjoys seeing his children sleep well. he loves to spend time with seokjin and as it was peaceful, they got to cuddle too. with an arm around jins waist and his head on namjoons shoulder, they felt warm all over.

until... out from the staff room bursts taehyung and jungkook, hands linked and giggling about something, anything. it was as if they were permanently wrapped up in their own little world, reality hazy. but they both enjoy to be dramatic in each other's company. with a tight halt; they both stop and stare down the new statue - jimin. with matching looks as they eye his frozen state.

"what's up with him?" jungkook whispers to namjoon, head jutting up to motion towards jimins statue-like-state.

namjoon shrugs, "didn't reply to me, you try," he says, hand gently rubbing jins arm.

"oi!" jungkook pokes, standing in front of jimin. he pokes again, his arm, stomach and side. "jimin!" he lightly slaps jimins face. that's one he'd never ever get away with. yet, no reaction. he just stands. out of all options; fight, flight or freeze, he chose freeze.

and jungkook thinks about all he can do with his new ability to bully jimin as long as he stays frozen. he could repaint this whole place, give jimin any tattoo imaginable, fire jimin and take over as boss!

"what's in his hand?" tae says, breaking the beautiful thoughts jungkook was producing. taehyung peers over, looking at the white slip of paper. he takes it gently, opening it up. apparently awaking jimin as his fingers unroll the numbers.

"no! tae give that back!" he says aggressively, voice slightly raised beyond the point of calm. it was as if he was never gone, as if the soft and kind jimin of ten minutes ago was all a fever dream, planted in all four brains; all wired up to match. as if him being frozen didn't just happen.