-18-

potential trigger warning !! - unhappy family memories :(
-

yoongi took a breath, this part always brought him to tears.

"my father got fired and was home more freely, i felt so scared and threatened in my own home, both me and my mother walked on egg shells daily." yoongi said, tears now flowing freely down his face, lip quivering with short gasps each time he opened his mouth. jimin brought his hand up to wipe the tears as best as he could, while his hand shook too. his heart was breaking from seeing the pain yoongi was going through bringing him to tears too.

jimin moved yoongi onto his lap and wrapped his tattooed arms around yoongis thin waist. yoongi tucked his head in the nape of jimins neck attempting to cover and stop his sniffing and crying, but ultimately failing and pulling jimins shirt up enough to use it as a tissue which jimin couldn't argue with.

he just wanted his baby to be ok.

yoongi calmed down a little and said he was ready to continue.

"she wanted to file for a divorce but he found out and got so incredibly angry, like never before, so she couldn't do that. there's wasn't much of an escape, it was hard to watch her live half the life she deserves,"

jimin ran his hand up and down yoongis back as comfort, while the arm other still hugged yoongi tightly. the smaller male curled himself into jimin more one hand hugging his neck and the other hand was being used to trace jimins tattooed arm,  it was a act to keep his mind busy from crying again although the sniffing was acting up.

"my dad would go out everyday and he said he was looking for jobs but the smell of alcohol followed him home nightly, it felt like freedom for a while, i could see my mother smile when she got home from work. but it got bad when i went to bed and the lights were out. i'd hear the front door slam and then a scream from him to her, i pretended to sleep,"

"i didn't know who i was anymore, he had made me fear myself and what i loved, it was scary to be at home but i didn't have anyone else and i had no where to go." and at that jimin sniffled loudly, tears fully dripping down his face but hid in yoongis shirt.

he motioned yoongi to continue with his hand, to which he did.

"when i was sixteen things got better though! hobi came back for me! he had found friends and housing, he felt secure enough to take me. i was kinda mad though, he left without out me and it hurt. now i understand why but back then it felt like a punishment," yoongi said, breath hitching at the end, the emotions from that day coming back into his mind, his eyes watered but his face showed happiness while the tears dripped down his face as he smiled.

"i remember falling to the floor crying out of happiness and relief, hoseok told me to pack my bags and quickly. i could tell he was scared for when father returned home. so i did... i packed everything i owned, which was small, i only had 2 outfits and a smashed up eyeshadow palette but i had my favourite plushie, which i still have. it was the only thing i could never let go of, i hid it from him, scared he'd rip its head off."

"but once we were out the house and heading towards hoseoks friends car he came home... sober."

"somehow he was scarier that way, he was quiet. when he shouted it was things on his mind and we had time to prepare, years of practice but in that moment i didn't know what he was going to do. it was scary, he was standing watching both of us with an unmoving look on his face, we didn't know if moving would set him off, so we stayed statue still waiting for some kind of reaction, it came in the form of sobbing, his knees hitting the ground and his head in his hands. hoseok moved forward and i followed into the car leaving him alone on the ground. i feel guilty sometimes but he did it to himself.

"he had a crappy apartment with his friend, who i never saw he was always working but the roommate had a nice boyfriend who gave me clothes and cooked nice food... he reminds me of seokjin... but i don't remember his name nor his face, i closed off that part of my life."

"i went to school, then collage and after got a job. hoseok found our apartment, which is the one we have now. he paid for my therapy which took years... but i finally recovered."

"the day of my tattoo appointment was my last day of therapy which is why the tattoo means so much to me. and now i'm here." yoongi finished off.

they both had tears running down their faces. they were silent for a while, jimin taking in the information and looking at yoongi, he's never looked so vulnerable and broken... how could such a sweetheart be treated so poorly, how could such a innocent boy have so much pain behind his soft eyes.

jimin spoke up. "do... do you remember the names of the roommate and the boyfriend?" yoongi shook his head in reply. but then his face changed to one of remembrance. "yes!... i think it was something... very similar to namjoon! but hoseok and him lost touch, once we moved out they did too as they got engaged and moved to a bigger place. and i don't remember their faces either, as i said." yoongi sighed at the end.

"i'm so sorry yoongi." jimin said,
yoongi sniffled. "i'm better now."

"i'm okay,"
-
wow.
i'm excited for the next chapter though, however thinking this book might come to an end soon :(