XXXIX

I didn't want to get off that floor that morning.

My muscles ached, my back felt like a fat man had sat on it all night, there was a splinter in my arm, and I hit my head on the floor so many times last night that there might be a dent in it, but it was actually the most comfortable I had been in a while.

I woke up to the sound of the alarm on my phone, rolling over and fumbling for the off button.

"Ten more minutes." Logan muttered against my stomach, pulling his arms closer around my waist.

"I have to go to work." I said hoarsely, seeing that it was seven thirty.

"Why?" He whined, kissing my belly button. "Work is no fun. You should quit your job and we can become porn stars. They get paid a lot and get to have sex all the time, it's a win-win."

I smiled, pushing my hands through his hair. "I wish I could but the city is in a crisis, and I've already taken eight sick days the past two months."

"One more won't hurt." He protested. "Speaking of one more..."

"No, Logan." I sat up, propping myself on my elbows as his lips moved down my stomach and towards my crotch. "If we start another round I'm never going to get there on time-" I sucked in a breath as his tongue slid over my inner thigh. "Shit." I murmur, throwing my head back in pleasure. "Jesus," I seethe. "Don't stop."

It must've been Opposite Day because he wasn't doing anything I was telling him and popped his head out of my legs, moving himself up on my body. He cocked an eyebrow. "'No, Logan, I have to go to work, Logan.'" He mocked.

I rolled my eyes. "You started it, so now you have to finish it."

He winked at me then disappeared under the blanket again and resumed.

By the time he was done, I couldn't breath and was shaking in delight.

"Don't go." He murmured, kissing my legs. "If you stay I could do a whole lot more."

I took his hand as he crawled back up my body, pressing a soft kiss to my lips, his naked chest laying against mine, sending waves of heat across my whole being.

He wrapped his arms around my back as my hands rested on his shoulders, slipping my tongue into his mouth.

"You don't have to say it back," He murmured against my lips. "But I love you."

I looked into his amber eyes then pushed my lips back to his again. It was a good thing he said that, because I didn't want to say it back in fear that if I did, I would be sealing his death sentence. I didn't want to jinx it if those words came out of my mouth.

"Five o'clock. Ok? No later, I promise." I said quietly, kissing the corner of his mouth.

"Fine." He grumbled, kissing my forehead. "No later."

I smiled at him then got up, searching for my clothes like it was a game of hide and go seek. How did my bra find its way into the kitchen?

I didn't really care if people noticed that I had worn the same outfit two days in a row, not that they would anyway.

"Have a good day, honey." Logan said sarcastically, kissing me on the cheek and handing me a cup of coffee as I left the apartment.

I smiled at him one last time before leaving, already missing him.

The feeling of his lips still lingered in my thighs and I tried to keep that feeling as I walked into work, but all euphoria vanished seeing the council members rush into the conference room for an impromptu meeting.