XVI

"He's a dick."

"Yeah."

"A really hot dick."

"You're hotter than he is."

"Thanks," I sniffled. "tissue."

She pulled another tissue from the box and gave it to me. I blew my nose sloppily and chucked it onto the floor like all the others, too depressed to clean.

"We couldn't even find opportunities to have sex so it wasn't going to work out anyway, maybe the sex thing was a bad omen telling me to end it." I choked out.

"Whatever it was, I'm glad you ended it." She wrapped her arms tighter around my waist, her crotch pressed against my butt.

"I'd like my girlfriend back." Logan appeared in the doorway, crossing his arms..

"Too bad, she's mine now." I chucked a pillow at him. He barely flinched as it wheezed against his chest before flopping lazily to the floor.

"We are grieving a breakup, could you give us some space?" Aubrey defended.

He grinned. "Or I could come cuddle with you."

I closed my eyes, a tear dripping down my cheek. "Or you could leave before I strangle you."

He didn't bother stay with the threat of strangulation, a good decision on his part. I wasn't messing around.

Me and Blake weren't even dating that long, but I felt so strongly for him. I don't know if it's just the fact that I've been alone for so long, or if it's just simply that I really liked him but this was really hard for me. I've never met anyone like him.

Aubrey rubbed my arm. "What are you thinking about?" She cooed.

My lip quivered, my heart contracting with my tear ducts. "Cuddling." I managed before unleashing my emotions into the pillow.

"I just...." I sniffled. "I thought he would be better than the shitty boyfriend Jason was."

"I wasn't that bad, was I?"

I looked up to see Jason leaning on the doorway. Why was everyone here today? "Why are you here?"

"I thought," He came over at sat on the edge of my bed. "you said you hated spooning, but you go and do it with Aubrey?"

"Aubrey doesn't have monkey arms she entraps me with like I'm anaconda food." I threw a dirty tissue at his face, making him cringe as it floated onto the bed. "What do you want?"

"I came over to pick you up for training. You didn't come to the warehouse."

"Well, I'm taking a sick day." I pulled the blankets over my head, Aubrey staying above the covers to defend me.

"I think a breakup shouldn't keep you from training. You might not be emotionally or mentally prepared for attacks and we could use this bad mood as a lesson."

"Screw off, she's getting over a breakup," Aubrey scoffed. "Cut her some slack. You shouldn't have to make a lesson out of her pain."

"I'm just trying to help-"

I shoved the covers back and sat up. "This is why we broke up! Because you're so insensitive and all you care about is missions and strength and all this shit! Why aren't I allowed to break down sometimes? I'm a human being not some heartless, inconsiderate, shit smoothie guru robot like you." I couldn't tell if it was Jason's insensitivity or Blake's that I was angry about. Both, I guess. Why was it so hard to find a sensitive guy?