XIII

All night, I had been thinking about the safety of my identity. Hell, I had watched somebody have theirs exposed, and they ended up dead. The last thing I wanted was for my identity to be revealed and that's exactly what happened. Why did I come through the front door again? Because Aubrey asked me to stop sneaking up on her? I was blaming this on her.

That is, after I killed Logan.

"I'm sorry, Aubrey," I started, cracking my knuckles. "I know you like this guy, and I know you say that he is great in bed, and I know you think you can fix this with a little white lie, but I don't think this can be fixed. I'll try to do it quick and make it painless, I promise."

As I said this, Logan was jumping up and down exclaiming. "I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!" Good, he was distracted, he wouldn't even see it coming.

I raised my arm and was about to send an electric charge at his chest when Aubrey pushed him out of the way, my electricity fizzling on the coffee machine, sending it ablaze.

"Logan, run!" She screamed.

He stared at the blazing coffee pot for a moment before sprinting into the other room while I was hot on his heels.

I tackled him to the ground and pinned him down with my knees, his bronze eyes looking up at me in horror.

"I don't like killing people," I sighed mournfully. "I don't like hurting people but I have no choice, it's me or you." I consider snapping his neck, but decide that one person too many has died that way tonight, so I pulled a taser from my belt and pushed it into his neck.

As he screamed in agony and convulsed, electricity coursing through his body, I prepared to shock him again when Aubrey yanked me off of him from behind.

"What are you doing?! Madisyn, you can't kill him!"

"I have to!" I screamed at her. "I watched Silver Torch die tonight because someone found out. First it's me, next it's you, sooner or later he will know every vigilante in this city and he cannot keep a secret to save his life. What's one life for the lives of so many that could be saved by vigilantes?"

"He can keep our secret! Just give him a chance-"

I let out an exasperated laugh. "And what happens when I give him a chance and he tells everyone in Comet city about me?"

"He won't. I know he won't-"

"We should've kicked him out the moment he started investigating us. You shouldn't have let him do that-"

"Madisyn, you're not listening to me, he won't tell, I promise. If he even whispers about it I will be the one who takes the life from him myself. Please, just calm down." She begged.

"Does he know that you're Firestorm?"

"You're Firestorm?" Logan had finally come to, groggy and twitching, but alive.

Aubrey raised an eyebrow at me and crossed her arms. "Now he does."

"I knew you were Voltage," He pointed a trembling finger at me. "but I didn't even consider that you were a vigilante too." He rubbed his head, and I'm not sure if it was from the electricity or from his recent discoveries.

"Logan, baby," Aubrey knelt down next to him. "I think we should have a talk about this."

"Hell yeah we should," He stood up quickly then stumbled back against Aubrey.

I sat across from him, scowling, in the living room while Aubrey made him tea.

"We need to get one thing straight," I narrowed my eyes at him. "You dare even mutter a word to anyone or write a word in your man diary about who we are, and I will give you more than a little shock. Got it?"