Chapter Forty-Five

[edited]
It was only Parker, Ryan and I. I finished my coffee silently. Everyone stared at me. I stared at the ground. "So are we going to say goodbye or what?" Ryan asks.

"I don't know," I whisper, shaking my head.

"Well I'll say goodbye first," he offers. I nod my head and stand up. I slowly walk over to him. We embrace each other tightly. "You better make your move now before you leave." Ryan pats my shoulder and kisses my forehead. He walks out of the kitchen without another word.

"Now or never!" I hear him yell.

"What's he rambling on about?" Parker asks from behind. I spin around and look at him. Without warning, or a decision on my part, I charge forward and stand in front of him. I stand up on my toes and wrapped my arms around his neck. I moved closer to him. Before I closed my eyes I looked at him. His grey eyes were wide and filled with confusion and alertness. Then I closed my own eyes and pressed my lips gently to his. At first he didn't do anything which disappointed me.

I pulled back and opened my eyes. I stood flat footed once again. I knew pain was written on my face, but it was quickly erased when I was pulled forward rather forcefully. Parker's lips were back on mine. I smiled against his lips and brought one hand up to run it threw his damp hair.

"I love you Parker Brookes. I have for a long time," I whisper looking up at him. "I'm going to miss you the most." He doesn't say anything. He gives me a sad smile and then presses his forehead to mine.

"I'll miss you more," he says.

"We'll see." I give him a small, sad, and very insubstantial smile. I wiggle out of his grasp and walk to the front door. Ryan was there waiting for me. All he does is nod his head, smirk and wink.

"Ya did good kid," he states. I smile and open the front door. The handle was cold under my touch. I looked back and didn't see anyone, so I walked out of the Brooke's house for what could be the last time.

I don't turn back. I can't. What was needed to be said was said. What I wanted to do for a long time was finally done. The confusing feelings that once washed over me when I thought of him were now gone. I was sure of myself. I was happy with my one and final decision. There was only one solution. That was it. To leave and not turn back. I need to keep moving forward. I can't go back. I just can't.

Holy narts! All we have left is the epilogue!
Comment,
Vote,
And share.
Love y'all!