Chapter Thirty

[edited]
We all said our goodbyes to the three who weren't driving with us. I let Ash sit in front which made him really happy. To my right was the window and to my left was Parker. I didn't mind. We were talking and laughing at each other and old memories. Like how it used to be, but it wasn't like that. And I know it will never be. I rested my head against the window and closed my eyes. I let my drowsiness carry me away to dream about a life better than my own.

I opened my eyes and glanced around. I was in a car with Ryan, Ash, Pete, and Parker. But I didn't see Parker. I glanced up and saw him above me. Wait, above me? I glanced down and saw that my hands were in between one of my legs and one of his. Then I saw that his hands were touching mine, but not holding them. I looked up again and saw that his eyes were closed. He was sleeping too. We were supporting each other.

"Adorable I know," Ryan says scattering my thoughts.

"Whatever," I mumbled. I closed my eyes and fell asleep next to Parker, for what I hoped wouldn't be the last time.

When I awoke I heard Parker talking quietly. I kept my eyes closed and listened to what he was saying. "No," was all. No? No what?
"Are you sure?" It was Ryan.

"Yes I'm sure," Parker reassures.

"Whatever man. Wake her up. We're home." I could tell Ryan was pissed off. But why? Then I heard my name being whispered over and over again. My eyes fluttered open and I looked around. No one, but Parker, Ryan, and myself were in the car.

"Where did everyone go?" I asked groggily.

"We dropped them off at their houses," Ryan said shutting the car off.

"Oh." I lifted my head from parker's shoulders and undid my seatbelt. I grabbed my bag and opened the car door. I held it open for Parker and closed it after he got out.

"Did you have fun?" He asked.

"Actually I did," I tell him.

"Good." He turns away, but I stop him.

"Parker?" He turns around.

"Yeah?"

"Thanks for letting me use you as a pillow," I say smiling.

"Well Ryan told me that I fell asleep on you too, so it's only fair." A faint smile spreads across his lips.

"Right, well tell Ryan I said thanks." I turn around and start walking down his driveway and up mine. The garage door was open. That meant mom was home. I walked inside and set my stuff on the couch. I didn't see her. Even when I called her name multiple times, she didn't answer. She must be in her room.

"So much for interacting with me," I mutter shaking my head. I clomped up the stairs and into my bedroom. I threw my stuff on the bed and immediately into the bathroom. I turned the shower on and stripped out of my clothes. I jumped in not caring if the water was hot, or cold. All I want is to get this lake smell and that goop off me. I quickly washed my hair and and body and then turned the water off and wrapped a towel around me.

I stepped out of the bathroom and quickly went into my closet. I grabbed my undergarments, blue checkered pajama shorts, and a solid blue tank top that matched. I took my time brushing my hair out. When I was done I climbed onto my bed and turned the TV on. Nothing that interested me was on, so I turned Spongebob on. Maybe if I watch it long enough all my worries will go away. Just like they did when I was younger.

Aweee!!! A small Jarker/ Parkney moment, kind of. Haha. Hope you all are enjoying the book. Which ship name do you like better? Tell me in comments.
Comment,
Vote,
And share.
Love y'all!