Chapter Forty-Three

[edited]
Fourteen letters, and three words is all it takes to leave one girl heart broken. I'm leaving today. I can't believe it. I'm actually leaving today. I'm leaving Mom who is still recovering from the tumor. I'm leaving my former softball team and coach. I'm leaving the memory of Dad. I'm leaving Parker. I stopped thinking after that. What am I going to do about him? Am I going to tell him how I feel, or should I not tell him at all and move one? Maybe I should ask mom. That's what I'll do. Even though she doesn't know I like like him, she should be able to help me. I mean she was a teenager too once.

I got out of bed and went straight for the bathroom. I turned the shower on and stripped out of the clothes I slept in. I didn't care about the water being hot or cold, I would adjust. For the first couple of minutes I let the ice cold water run off of me and down the drain. I thought about a lot of things. The apartment I was going to, how many new people I'm going to meet, leaving my existing life here to leave and start a new one, Parker. Parker. I'm always thinking about him. Why?

I don't even know the answer anymore. I feel so unsure of myself. Why does love do this to you? I shampooed and conditioned my hair and then turned the water off. I wrapped one towel around my torso and then another one around my hair. I stepped out of the shower and then went into my closet to pick out my outfit. I didn't have much left in it, so there wasn't much to chose from. All that was left were a couple shirts, some sweatpants, socks, and one or two sweatshrts. I decided to wear one of my fitted Arizona tanks they sent to me. Then I chose simple pair of denim jean shorts. Then I went back into the bathroom and combed out my hair.

I didn't do anyting special with my hair. I don't have the time for it. I dried off all of the bottles I used and threw them into one of the many boxes titled "bathroom." Then I grabbed my phone and put it in my pocket. I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked fine. Not too fancy which was how I liked it. I opened my door and headed downstairs. Grandma was making breakfast already.

"You hungry?" she asked eyeing me up and down.

"No," I answered.

"Alright. Well put that box away and give me and your mom a hug before you leave," she tells me.

"I will," I say. I open the door that leads to the garage and then I throw the box I'm carrying into the back seat. "There," I whisper to myself, "all packed and ready to go." All though all of my things were packed, I wasn't ready to go yet. Not completely. I still needed to say goodbye to mom and grandma, to Ryan and the rest of the Brookes. Then I really needed to say goodbye to Parker. I hurried inside and ran up the stairs to Mom's room. I opened the door and found Grandma sitting on the edge of the bed.

They both smiled when I came into the room. I went and sat down next to Mom. She hugged me immediately after I sat down. "I'm going to miss you," she whispers into my ear.

"I'll miss you too," I whisper back. We hugged for what seemed like minutes. And when she finally let go, I made my way over to Grandma. I was more careful with her. I didn't hug her as hard, but I held on a little longer than I did with Mom. When we let go she kissed my forehead.

"Be good. Do drugs, alchohal, or intercourse," she warns.

"No promises." I smile.

"You're so much like your mother Jenny," she smiles and pats my shoulder. Then she leaves the room. Now I can ask about what I should do with Parker. If I even need to. I know I'm going to tell him. Maybe I shouldn't even tell her, or maybe she already knows.

"Mom," I say. "Can I tell you something?"

"Of course," she says.

"I like someone and I don't know if they like me back or not. Do I tell him how I feel before I leave, or not? I don't know what to do," I say quietly.

"Tell him. I'm sure he likes you back. Who wouldn't?" She flashes a smile and I return it with a sad one.

"It's Parker," I whisper.

"I know. I've known for a long time." Then she grabs my hand. "I love you Jenny and I know I haven't shown you in the best ways, but I really really do."

I squeeze her hand. "I love you too Mom." I move over to her and we hug for the last time before I leave. Once she releases me I stand up and head for the door. I look back at her and she nods her head. I laugh a little and then walk out.

Oh my gosh 2-3 chapters left!! Hope y'all love it.
Comment,
Vote,
And share.
Love y'all!