Chapter Twenty-Five - Date Night

Start from the beginning

I actually started bawling and that's when Ginger walked in and asked what's wrong.

"Ace just gave her like the sweetest gift in the whole world." Gwen said as she read the note. I think she actually started crying too.

"Wow, that's so sweet Camilla." Ginger said.

"I-I can't believe..." I said crying again. Ginger and Gwen hugged me and comforted me because even though it was really sweet, it was still really emotional for me... It's just hard to go through all of this.

~~~

I'm going out with Ace soon and I'm pretty sure I'm going to break down and cry. Gwen and Ginger helped me get ready for my date with Ace. I kind of wish my mum was here to see this moment. I miss her a lot. They were really sweet and comforting. Ace came to our house at 6 and knocked on the door. Ginger answered the door and she invited him in. Guinevere was being a little bit of a "mentor", as I like to say. I wouldn't say this is our first official date, but I don't think we're in a relationship yet.

"Calm down Cam, there's nothing to worry about!" She said reassuring me that everything would be okay.

I walked down the stairs to see Ace, and I brushed a little bit of hair out of my face. I smiled slightly and I walked towards him. He hugged me and I almost cried, but I didn't, thankfully.

"I love you." I said as I smiled into his shoulder. And then we left to walk down to Ivan's.

"Ace... This is like the most amazing thing a guy could ever do for a girl." I said, tears building up in my eyes. Surprisingly, a tear did not come down my face. "I can't thank you enough for this. It means so much to me." I smiled.

"Camilla, I love you more than anything in the world... I've known you for sixteen years. That's why I decided to let you know finally how much I really do care about you. I'm happy you appreciate it." He smiled. His smile will always make my day.

We held hands until we got to Ivan's (a restaurant in town), and we ordered our food. We sat in a nice booth and we had so much fun. It was so fun just getting to spend time with Ace; after all, he has been in the hospital a lot lately. We got a milkshake and shared it. It was the most romantic date I've ever been on... I doubt even my parents have been on a more romantic date. When we walked home I decided to speak up.

"Ace... You know how you said you'd always be there for me?" I asked. I really needed him for something.

"Yeah Cam, what's up?" He asked holding my hand.

"Well, I've kind of been holding in something the whole night. I need to..." That's when I started to cry, again. "I need to cry Ace. But I-I..." He held me close in a hug.

"You can cry Camilla. You could've cried before, and I wouldn't have minded. I kind of figured this would be emotional for you."

"I thought it would ruin the night if I cried." I sniffled. "And yeah, it was really emotional for me." We walked and I cried a bit more until we got to his house for about nine. We hung out in his room a little and we laughed and cried. Well, mostly I cried, but I think I saw Ace cry a little too.

"Remember when we were twelve and you went on the Behemoth at Canada's Wonderland with me?" He asked. "That was the best. You almost didn't go with me."

"I wouldn't let my best friend down." I smiled. It was silent for a little bit and he looked into my eyes. My head was down, so he lifted up my chin.

We just stared into each other's eyes for a couple seconds and I felt as if time had stopped. He smiled slightly and kissed me softly. I kept my eyes closed for a couple seconds after the kiss, and when I opened them, Ace had his arms open for me to jump into.