Gotham (1930) No.2//62. *Smut*

Info:Harleen's wish is granted and she has a chance to meet Joker again, but things go a bit too far.-

<<<Authors P.O.V>>>

Harleen's boss, Oswald Cobblepot was still recuperating from his injury the previous week. The wounds were not fatal, much to Harleen's dislike. But she didn't feel like going back, all the stress of another showdown and the pressure from a few of the girls was just becoming too much.

So now she was walking into every shop or cafe or restaurant that caught her eye, hoping they'd employ her. Times were tough at the moment in Gotham, but nonetheless, she will never regret quitting from her dancing job.

A local newsagents caught her eye and she pushed the door open, a confident glint in her eyes as she plastered on her fakest of smiles. A middle-aged man sat behind the cash register, newspaper held in his grasp as he studied the pages.

"Hello! My name is Harleen Quinzel and I am looking..." She trailed off when she began to look at the back page of his newspaper, seeing the headline read 'Is the Joker robbing our money?'. She knew that was the man from that night, as he was the only person to go by that name. But she was confused that the press would say something so blunt.

The man in front of her coughed to make her aware of his existence. She apologised profusely and continued. "I am looking for a job, I was wondering if you had anything I could do?" She asked, clutching her small purse in front of her hips as she stood tall and positive.

"Now that I think about it, yeah, I need someone to clean the shop every night before closing time, you think you could do that?" He asked rather unenthusiastically, soulless eyes staring at her as if he hadn't had one ounce of emotion his whole life.

"I sure can! Thank you so much! When will I start?" She asked, grinning from ear to ear as she kept her hearty tone.

"You can start tonight at 10pm, the cleaning things are in the back." He stated and with that he went back to reading his newspaper.

|~|~|~|

Harleen went back as promised, and the man had written up a contract and her pay rate, which was much less than her previous job, but she was still grateful. She took out the mop and bucket and began to wipe down the floors in the tiny corner shop, in between the whole 3 aisles. She also cleaned the windows and moved on to the cash desk.

She took out her sponge and began to wipe the desk down, satisfied as all the muck and grime became unstuck from the surface. She dipped the sponge back into the bucket and began to rinse the desk down.

She was just about to reach for the dry towel when the sound of a police car could be heard a couple of blocks down. She looked out the window and could see dark figures outside in the formerly empty street. From what she could make out they all had large bags and masks covering their faces. They all went different directions through the alleys but one decided to walk towards her shop.

She ducked behind the countertop, holding her breath as she covered her hand over her mouth. The person entered the shop, making quite a noise as they searched around, and she was hoping they weren't looking for someone. Suddenly she felt someone grip her hair and drag her up from the ground. She screamed out, scraping at their hand and begging them to let her go.

As soon as the person saw her face they immediately dropped her back to the ground. She cowered in the corner, trying to steady her breathing as she began to cry. "Shhhh..." The masked man spoke quietly, lowering himself to the ground beside her.