Mr.J the butler //2.

Info: Harley is sick in bed and can barely stand. Luckily for her The Joker can't say 'No' to her little face.--

                        <<<H.Q POV>>>

I was awoken in my sleep by a sudden fit of coughs. My throat was itchy and dry feeling as if someone made me eat sandpaper. I feel something nudge me in the bed.

"Harley shut up." I hear Mr.J mumble after being woken up by me.

"Sorry Puddin'." I reply but the words barely come out. What the heck?

He slowly opens his eyes and sits up looking down at me on the bed. I slowly close my eyes as I feel his hand softly pat around my forehead.

"Harls, I think you have a temperature." I hear him mumble flopping back down on the black sheets.

I slowly roll over to face him with a smug smile. "So you're going to look after me?" I ask.

He shakes his head from side to side. "No, I have that scheme today. I'll get one of the men to help." He sighed as the sun rays began to pierce through the curtain slit.

Awww he never has time to look after me..

I slowly pull my lips into a pout looking at him still. "But they won't know how?" I moan. "Please Puddin'? You don't want those mean men to hurt me do you?" I ask grinning slightly as I see his jaw flinch.

I hear an irritated sigh escape his mouth as he rolls over to look into my eyes. "Fine. But only for today." He corrects holding up a finger.

I nod my head beaming at him. He places a small kiss on my lips as he gets out of the bed.

"Can I have some soup please?" I ask faking some coughs as he heads for the door.

I can hear him roll his eyes from here and mumble a few words before leaving the room. I could hear his heavy footsteps enter the kitchen and I smiled.

Suddenly a loud crash could be heard from below and I immediately shot up in the bed. Multiple curses were next. I leapt out of the bed to remember I was sick and fell to the floor. My head was throbbing but that didn't stop me and I slowly crawled to the stairs.

"Puddin'?" I ask as I neared the kitchen leaning on the walls for support. As I entered the room my eyes widened in shock and a small giggle escaped my lips.

The vegetable soup had spilled all over the white tiled floor including Mr.Js bare tattooed chest. I hear him mumble a few more curses as he goes to clean it up with a tea towel.

"Puddin' want some help?" I ask coming closer.

"Harley? I thought I told you to stay in bed?" He asked looking up in a surprised manner.

I shake my head grinning down at him as he starts to wipe away  the beverage on his chest. I see him hiss and squint his eyes whenever he touches his reddening skin.

I cautiously walk over trying to avoid the soup and sit down on one of the stools by the island.

I look down and see him wag a finger at me standing up. "Ah ah ah. Your not allowed stay down here Harls. Come on, you're going back up to bed."

"Awwww but Puddin'?" I groan as he comes over and scoops me up off the chair carrying me 'bridal style' towards the stairs.

"Ooh Mr.J, I think I'll be sick more often." I giggle as his toned muscular arms wrap around my legs.

I hear him growl. "No you won't. This is a one time thing Harley."

I pout but slowly nod my head as we enter the bedroom and he gently places me on the bed. Just as he goes to leave my hand finds his wrist and I tug on it slightly.

"Stay with me?" I ask.

He shakes his head and I pout. "Sorry Harls, I have a lot of calls to make." He exits the room as I sigh and tuck myself under the covers.

I knew he would still do work..

I look over to my right to see a bottle of water and painkillers on the dresser. A small smile appears on my face.

And some people say he doesn't care about me..

I pop a tablet in my mouth and swallow it down with a gulp of water. A relaxed sigh escapes my mouth as I lean back further into my pillow.

-------------------------------------------------------

A few hours passed and I still haven't seen any sign of Mr.J. He usually doesn't like leaving me alone for too long.

Just as I thought, I heard his footsteps come towards the room from his office. I giggle to myself before coughing as he walked through the door.

I look past my feet at him by the door giving a small wave and smile. He smiles back and comes over crawling onto the bed. He gently lifts me forwards and positions himself behind me as I rest my head on his shoulder. I feel his hand run through my messy hair. I feel his heart beat decrease as he begins to close his eyes. I hear a soft snore escape his lips and giggle to myself. I copy his actions and slowly close my eyes.

A few minutes pass and I slowly open my eyes to feel Mr.J still behind me. I smile up adoringly at him. Just as I began to cuddle up more I hear light footsteps coming up the stairs.

Who the hell could this be?

I slowly sit up trying my best not to wake Mr.J up. I see a black shadow peep under the doors light and hear a soft knock.

"Come in?" I whisper watching as the door gently creaks open.

Just as my hand was reaching for the hidden revolver under the bed a sigh of relief escapes my mouth as I notice it's just Frost. He stands awkwardly by the door scratching the back of his neck.

"I can come back? The boss just called me to talk with him." He said preparing to leave the room.

I nod my head as a thanks as he shuts the door, allowing the darkness to consume the entire room. I lean back into my Puddin's chest and wrap my arm under his shoulder.

-------------------------------------------------------

Several more hours pass as me and Mr.J lay peacefully on the bed. I can feel him move slightly under my grasp and I let out a small sigh.

At least it lasted a bit..

"Harley? How long were we asleep?" He asks letting out a yawn.

I look over to the digital clock and count the hours. "Just a few hours Puddin'."

"Did Frost come?" I hear him mumble rubbing his eyes.

I nod my head and hug him tighter as he begins to sit up. I hear him chuckle as he grabs onto my wrists and pulls my hands away. He pats my forehead again.

"I think you've cooled down a bit Pumpkin. You just rest a  bit more." He says standing up and stretching his arms above his head. Satisfied as he hears a light crack he starts to button up a clean white shirt on his torso.

I groan in annoyance.

Why couldn't I be sick longer?

I stop my moaning as I hear a small cough and sneeze coming from Mr.J. I look up and crawl over to his side of the bed. I grab his shoulders and spin him around. My vision starts to clear from the sleepiness and I gasp at the sight. His eyes are red and bloodshot, he has a runny nose and his usually slicked back hair is hanging down stuck to his skin.

"Looks like we're both sick now Puddin'."
-------------------------------------------------------
Words:1333
I hope you liked this OneShot. Please feel free to comment down below or request more. Thanks~Posty_Maloney
💗💙+💚=🔪❤️