I promise.

One day! 

I was stood in the front of the stage, right in the centre, looking out into the black abyss that cloaked the audience. Their claps resounded through the auditorium, bouncing off each wall filling the space, an expansion of joy filling each corner of the room. I ignored the claps, breathing steadily, remaining in character as though the claps were not there. 

Once they had died down, I heard Sky stand up from the stool he was sat on during the song, walking to the middle of the stage, slightly to the right. "That's not a very happy story." 

I shook my head, looking down at my feet before staring at him. "I don't live a very happy life." 

I stiffly looked away, taking a few steps to the right, wrapping my arms protectively around myself as the deafening echo of silence cast a spell on the audience, making them tip on their seats to see what I do next. 

Sky took a few steps towards me, raising his arms out in front of him. "Let me change that." 

I look at him, willing a tear to fall from my eye. "I don't think you can do that." 

He shook his head, as directed. "Nonsense." He hesitated slightly before closing the gap between us and taking my hands in his, turning me to look at him. "You can do anything if you just believe." 

"There's no magic here..."

"There's always magic," he interrupted, pointing to my head, "In here. You can do things that no else can..."

"My mom can," I stated, looking at him in the eyes. 

"But you're stronger than her, if you don't believe in yourself, then believe in me. Don't let me fade away." 

He let go of my hands, running back to the stool he was sat on previously and picking up two backpacks that were sat by it. He handed one to me, placing the other on his own back. "Don't let yourself fade away." 

I stared at him for a few seconds, before looking out into the audience. I caught Clark's eye suddenly from where he and Jules were sat on the second row but quickly broke contact to look at Sky. "Okay." 

The lights dimmed, clouding both Sky and me in darkness. We quickly left the stage, pushing open the door that connected backstage to the wings and sighing as we heard the next scene with Laura start. 

Sky quickly ran off, running to a quick change area to get into his next costume. I did the same, running to my dresser who was holding a dress for me to quickly get into. At the current time, I was in cropped leggings and a white t-shirt so I simply placed the dress over the top and rolled up the leggings so they were tucked away. 

I soon met him again, as we were running away from Greg and his gang of ensemble members who were his minions. "Come on Julia," he stressed, reaching out his hands, "you know it will be safer for everyone if you... go into hiding." 

I hesitated slightly, my hand stuck in limbo between retracting back to my body or taking his hand. It inched ever so slightly nearer his, but I didn't quite touch his hand. Sky, who was being held back by Alfie and Daniel, began pleasing, struggling in their strong grip. 

"No Julia don't! Don't listen to him! He's a lier! He's..." 

"Shut him up!" Greg bellowed, cutting Sky's pleads off. 

As instructed I glanced over my shoulder to see Daniel place a hand over Sky's mouth. I looked at him, his eyes bulging as to tell me not to do it. But Julia had other plans and I took Greg's hand. 

"Good girl," he snarled, clicking with his other hand, revealing some more ensemble members who were hidden in the rafters of the theatre. "Listen up everyone," he turned around, raising his arm in victory at the ensemble, "we caught the girl, she's coming willingly. What a fool!"

"What!" I cried, acting betrayed at the sudden lack of trust that Julia presented towards Greg's character. "You lied..."

Greg cocked his head slightly, "Ehh, I bent the truth." He straightened up, glaring down at me. "Did you really think someone would actually be helping a monster like yourself?" 

He quickly grabbed me in a choreographed hold, as I pretended to struggle against him. I strategically stopped moving one arm as he took a wristband out of his trouser pocket, placing it on my wrist. "What's that!" 

"Something to stop your powers." I suddenly made a strained face, acting as though I was trying to make my powers work, but of course, nothing happened. "Let's move out!" He then began to drag me off stage as I cried out for a non- existent person. 

The lights in the theatre went up, indicating interval and some rest for me. As soon as I was in my dressing room, I flobbed backwards onto my sofa, sighing with exhaustion. I hadn't very long, because soon I was back on the stage. 

I cradled Sky in my laps as we sang our duet. I sang the last note alone, sobbing over an actor I know full well will annoy me for the rest of the show when I'm backstage because he won't be on stage seeing as he just died. Nevertheless, I let the fake tears pour from my eyes as I pressed a kiss to Sky's head - still the most awkward part of the show for me. 

My lip quivered, slightly stifling a yawn as it was late at night, delivering my next line, "Please, Alby, I don't know what to do without you." 

Four songs, two fight scenes, a confession of love, several soliloquies later the show came to an end. The ensemble ran out first, taking their well-earned bows before Laura and Alex entered the stage taking their bows. Greg (as always) raised a sword in the air instead of bowing and Sky only did a small bow because ,I quote on quote, "It's weird."

I came out last and took my bow because joining hands with Greg and Sky before taking the cast bow. I smiled down to the conductor who lifted his baton. I clapped with the audience as well, making sure to thank the tech crew and stage managers. 

I ran off, finding myself a quiet spot on the wall to slide down on. I took a breath in before releasing it. I had the same feeling each time I performed 'fireflies'. I was proud of myself, proud that I had worked so hard to be where I was. I hadn't let anyone get me down, I fought through an endless battle. 

I hadn't reached the end, I doubt I ever will. But I'll keep trying, every night, on that stage. I promise.