Prologue

Please read all of this because this is what this next book is based around. If you don't you might get confused and we don't want that. I recommend you listen to the songs because they are generally good songs but they will help you feel the mood of the musical. Don't worry if you don't quite understand it won't affect the reading of the book but I just wanted to explain the musical that will be used in my book.

Everything apart from the songs (and set) was created by my mind. If you would like to use the idea then I am more than Happy but please tell me that you are and credit me. Thank you! Now onto the weird musical idea! Byee *Clap**Clap*

FIREFLIES

SET: The 3 metal towers that have 2 flights of stairs each.

Story Set in 2135, USA

The Colburn family have a secret, every first born daughter has a power - her imagination is so strong that it leaks into reality. But it comes with a price, they have always been hunted for their power. The musical starts with a warning sung by the main character's imaginary friend but the audience don't know who they are at first. We then cut to when Julia's (the main character of our story) parents meet, and we learn what will happen if their child is female. We then see Julia being born, and her growing up and we also see how her parents try to limit her from using her power.

Our first glimpse of 14-year-old Julia is when she is using her power in secret. She enjoys imagining fireflies because she believes that they are the light in the darkness (her fear of being caught by the hunters, as well as her powers being suppressed) but then a hunter sees her using her powers. He begins to chase her up and down (and along) the set until Julia imagines an explosion and Will Morris (the hunter chasing her) falls off the top tower in slow motion and dies. Julia rushes to the body to see if he is dead but her mother see's what has happened and pulls her away.

Concerned about Julia's safety, Mary (Jules's Mother) locks Julia in a basement as final measures and most of all for her safety. Julia wakes up one morning and a boy who she learns is called Albert Frazer (20 years old) is sat in the basement. He tells her that her powers are special and not a curse and that she can use it for good and that she shouldn't suppress them.

At first, she is hesitant but Albert convinces her to escape the basement and join him in using her power for good. They camp out and tell each other their stories but are found by some hunters. They fight alongside each other to protect others and themselves from the hunters. But the hunters convince Julia that she is dangerous (after she accidentally kills another Hunter) and she leaves to go with them much to Alberts dismay they take him too.

We cut to see Julia's parents Mary and Peter finding out that she is gone and they go find her.

We then cut back to Julia, locked away once again with scratches on her face from the fight. Albert is with her and to make a point, the hunter's kill Albert. It is only after he dies in Julia's arms but then fades away (lights go out as she sobs then come back on with Albert missing) we realize that Albert was her imaginary friend.

Jules realizes how happy Albert made her and believes that she can really do good.

She fights against the hunters, with her parent's aid towards the end and then uses her powers to bring good in her life. They become even stronger and at the end of the musical she imagines Albert again and as they embrace again the lights dim and then musical ends.

This is a list of the songs that would in the musical. I cannot write songs for the life of me and I don't own the ones listed, but I think they would be most suited for the musical. Obviously, some lyrics would be different, but use your imagination - it is what the musical is about.

Songs in the musical(in order) :

Look away: the intro to the series of unfortunate events Netflix show. (Sung by the ensemble).

Cautionary Tale: Mean Girls (Warning people about how this might be them if they aren't careful. Metaphorically. Sung by Albert).

The story of My Life: One Direction (The only one of their songs I will listen too but it shows the parent's love story. Cue ensemble dancing around them and singing along. Sung by parents first, then ensemble joins in).

When I grow up: Matilda (About how Julia wants to grow up and use her powers without being held back. Sung by young Julia then both young Julia and teenage Julia then just teenage Julia).

Everyone Tells Jason to see a Psychiatrist: Falsettos (Sung by Julia's parents then the ensemble because they want Julia to not use her powers (not going to see a psychiatrist) but cut out the last bit about asking Whizzer).

If the world turned upside down: Finding Neverland (Sung by Albert then towards the end sung by both Julia and Albert about them leaving the basement).

In my Dreams: Anastasia (Julia explaining to Albert how she had grown up without support about the use of her powers. Sung by Julia.)

My Petersburg: Anastasia (Albert telling her about his life where he can use his powers. Sung by Albert).

Then we'll fight: The battle of Boat(This song is them fighting the hunters. Sung first by Julia and Albert then ensemble joins in with all the other voices some fighting with Julia, some being the hunters).

More is Better: Mean Girls (This is the hunter's convincing Julia that she should go with them. When she sings about 'stars' it is the fireflies and how peaceful she was when her powers were hidden, and she want's it to go back to that, that is why she goes with them).

Apex Predator: Mean Girls (Albert is Janice trying to convince her that her powers are good and the hunters are deceiving her, but Julia (Cady) thinks they are helping her. This is sung when they are alone in the hunter's 'lair').

Truth and Justice: The Battle of Boat (sung by the hunters as they explain why they do what they do and their beliefs).

Bottom Line: Newsies (Okay this will take imagination but Julia's parents are singing about how they are annoyed that they have to go after her because it is best for her to keep her powers secret).

A little Full of Rain:(Albert is dying in Julia's arms, but Julia is singing Marius's part).

Someone get's hurt (reprise): (Julia sings this at the hunter's whilst Albert dies, then the lights dim and Albert is gone, so she starts singing the next song).

World Burn: Mean Girls (This is sung by Julia whilst fighting the hunter's wanting their world to burn because they told her that her amazing powers were bad. When the ensemble in the original song comes in, that is Julia parents who come and help fight. Julia and Mary both us their powers to destroy the hunter's).

Corner Of the Sky: Pippin (Sung by Julia as she sings about wanting to use her powers for good).

History has its eyes on you: Hamilton (sung by Julia's parents accepting her decision).

Finale: Finding Neverland (sung by Julia's parents then by everyone in the ensemble as they comfort her when she reimagines Albert).

If you have any other song suggestions that you think might suit Fireflies better than the ones suggested, it would be greatly appreciated!