; twenty-three ;

"Do you like her?" He suddenly asked, eyes still wandering off.

"What do you mean like her?"

He shrugged, still not bothering to turn to look at me.

"You guys seem to get along well."

I chuckled, "I mean she's technically the first friend I've ever made so yea I like her."

"You have a whole Kim Sehyoon in your life what do you mean your first friend?" He sat up straight in his seat, only now head turned to me after a while.

"I mean the first friend I made with my own effort. I'm friend with Sehyoon because he was friend with Donghun so he didn't count."

"Well you technically knew her from me so I should get some credits."

"Shut up. Let me have my moment of glory."

"You're pathetic."

"Fuck you."

We both just laughed it off before a question popped up in my head.

"Why does her name N.ca by the way? What's her real name?"

Yuchan's smile faded upon hearing my question. His mouth opened and then closing again, not sure of what to say.

"I... I don't know. She never tell." He bit his lower lip, eyes looking straight on the road.

"You're lying."

"Ask her yourself." He mumbled under his breath before turning up the volume of the radio, bobbing his head along to the beat of the song.

We went inside our room as soon as we got home and cleaned ourselves. I was making dinner for the both of us when my phone beeped, notifying me of an incoming text message.

1 message by Unknown Number

Hey, this is me, Nc.a. You gave me your number earlier but I forgot to give mine. So, here it is. ;;

A soft chuckle escaped my mouth upon reading the text message. "She sounded cute even through text" I absentmindedly monologue to myself. I saved her number to my phone before replying with a simple

Hey, I hope we'll talk more in the future.

I know, I hate myself too for being too awkward and dumb.

The next few weeks were spent with just me sitting at home, trying to be as productive as I could – internet, movies, cooking, sleeping. I would sometimes packed lunch for Yuchan and went to his convenient store so that I wouldn't be too lonely having lunch on my own.

Nc.a constantly texted me, telling me about her relationship with Byeongkwan, which I learnt that they confessed to each other a week after Nc.a told me about him and they had been dating for over a month now.

Yuchan found out about them when Byeongkwan told him a day after they were officially dating and being the overdramatic person Yuchan is, he literally screamed to the phone, causing his best friend to end the call as soon as he started screaming.

And me, being a good brother, had to convince some neighbours, who came knocking on our door upon hearing the hysteric scream, that everything was completely fine, making a mental note to smack my little brother's head later just so I'd feel satisfy – and I did.

Despite being excited for his best friend finally getting himself a girlfriend, Yuchan was being extremely weird about it, giving me the idea that he didn't really supporting the relationship but I brush the thoughts off, thinking it was just me.

It was a normal night, I spent half of it watching some movies that were recommended on twitter and decided to go to sleep early. I lied on my bed, getting ready to go to sleep.

I took my phone from the nightstand, wanting to check my twitter before going to sleep and that's when it happened.

My scar burnt and it felt like something I've never felt before. The burn on my scar numbed my body, causing me to drop my phone to the floor. I held my shoulder, burying my nails into my skin, not caring if there's blood dripping off from my shoulder. I bit my lower lip, holding in the scream that was about to escape my mouth. My eyes were shut, denying the reality. The pain was unbearable. I rolled on my bed, all I see was white when I opened my eyes.

Just when I thought I was able to hold in it, another rush on burning sensation hit me again, numbing my whole body all the way to the bones, forcing me to let out a scream that I had been holding in the whole time.

The hold on my shoulder tightened as I was trying my best to hold the pain, it was unbearable. I couldn't think of anything other than the pain on my back.

I thought the pain I felt when I first got the name was the worst pain in my life but it was not even half the pain I was feeling right now. This was the worst pain known to any mankind.

"FUCK!" a curse escaped my mouth as I couldn't contain the pain any longer.

"Please God, make it stop." I was literally begging in my head.

I could feel tears rolling down my face but I could careless, the pain was too much for me to take and before I knew it, everything when dark, my body fell into what felt like a huge, deep void. The pain was long forgotten.

***

lol i know i said the upcoming chapters would be filler chapters but i'm impatient sdkhbfdsiufb so here you go.. bet you can guess what happened *insert smirk emoji*. anyway, thanks for being patient and thanks for reading <3

p.s. CAN PARK JUNHEE PLS STOP LOOKING BOYFRIEND AF???!!!