; five ;

I woke up the next morning to an incoming notification ring on Donghun's phone. I'm not the type to read my boyfriend's messages and everything but it triggered me, more specifically, the contact name triggered me.

1 New Message from Kim Sua

"I don't care if you want to be my partner or not, you HAVE to see me at 12 today for our discussion. I'll wait at the table under the stairs. Be there or I'll fuck you up real bad."

"They even have each other's phone number." A voice in my head said and it was not a pleasant one.

I slowly got up, being as quiet as I could so that I didn't wake him up and headed to the shower. I finished my morning routine as usual and I was making my breakfast when Donghun came out of his room with his hair stuck out to every angle.

"You're awake early. I thought you don't have morning class today?" I asked, eyes still focusing on my blueberry pancake in the pan.

"I got some stuffs to do. Do you want me to drive you today?" God, that morning voice still drove me crazy after years.

I looked up to meet his eyes and a smile immediately carved on my lips. "It's fine. I'll be late today. Gotta finish some group projects." He nodded as eyes fixated on the pancakes.

"Got some for me?" "I'm not giving it to you until you shower." I replied, taking the plate to the other side of the cabinet so he could not reach it.

"God, since when are you my mum?" "Shut up and go take your shower." He sighed in defeat and walking into his room to take a shower but not before he planted a soft kiss on my neck.

He took his time in the shower and was doing his hair when I finished my breakfast. I put the plate in the sink before went into his room to say my goodbye. "Gotta run now. I'll be late for my class. Love you, bye." I pecked his lips in a hurry and ran outside.

The day went on normally except for the burning sensation I got from time to time on the scar. I wonder what is happening with her and why do I get this burning sensation so often.

Like is she sick so the pain never really go away or is someone constantly hurting her or does she hurt herself?

All these questions stuck in my head the entire day. I didn't care about her, like I said to Donghun, I just didn't care but it was hard to pretend like I didn't care when I was constantly reminded that I have her name carved on my skin.

It was around 5pm and I was still having a group discussion for our class project when I received a text message from Donghun

Are you home?

No. Still have a lot to be done. You?

Same. I'll probably be home really late. Make sure you have your dinner.

Okay. You too. Don't skip dinner. I'll see you... when I see you :P

See you babe <3

I smiled at my phone before locked it back and keep it in my bag.

We continued our discussion until one of us realised it was almost 9pm that we stopped and went our separate ways. I was too tired to have a proper dinner so I decided to just hit the McDonald's on the way home, buying two sets hoping my other half was already home by the time I arrive.

I pushed open the door to be greeted by the darkness of our home. "He must have a shit ton of stuffs to be done." I monologued to myself, trying my best to stay positive. "I have to trust him." Those words were repeated in my head like a chant.

I finished my dinner and cleaned myself before going to sleep. I was just about to fall into dreamland when my phone rang notified me of an incoming text.

Are you asleep? I'm on my way home.

I was just about to go to sleep. I bought you mcdonalds if you haven't had dinner.

I need it. Thanks. I'll be home any minute. See you <3

I tried to stay awake until he come home but I guess I was too exhausted so I fell asleep as soon as I put my phone down.

The morning sun punched me right in the face through my window, waking me up from my beauty sleep. A groan escaped my mouth as I tossed around the bed. It was silent, and it was not the peaceful silent I would love to wake up to.

There was a weird feeling in my stomach, in my head, in my chest so I got up from the bed as soon as I opened my eyes.

The first thing I saw when I stepped outside of the room was the untouched McDonald's bag that looked very lonely sitting on its own on the kitchen cabinet. I suddenly felt a weird rush in my stomach, feeling the urge to immediately run to Donghun's room to see if he was still sleeping, maybe he was just too tired to have his dinner, maybe he fell asleep as soon as he got home.

The door to his room was left open, not too big that I could see inside, but not completely shut either. I pushed open the door to reveal a completely made bed, untouched, no noise or any sign of him in the room. I snapped my head to look at the clock, "maybe he already left for college"; 7.30am. Why would he leave this early? On a weekend. It's either that or he didn't come home last night. But he said he would be home any minute. He said he was on his way home. He said he needed the dinner I bought for him. I was becoming more and more paranoid as the seconds went by.

I ran to my room to check on my phone, maybe he texted me, maybe something came up on his way home, maybe... nothing. No new notification. All sorts of bad thoughts came attacked my head like a hurricane as I plopped down to the bed. Did something happen to him?