; thirteen ;

It was expected that no one was home. It was completely dark and the only sound could be heard was the sound of the clock on the wall ticking. I turned the light on and letting the both of us inside. Yuchan put his bags in the living room before he looked around, admiring the interior of our house.

“This is too lavish than what I imagined. How did you guys earn this much money? You even have a car of your own. What did you do? Strippers? Escort? Call boy?”

“Fuck you.” I laughed at his statement.

“Okay but it's amazing how you live like this considering you were kicked out with nothing in your wallet.”

“First of all, I had money of my own in my bank account that I had been saving from my part time jobs. And second of all, most of these are Donghun's.”

Donghun came from a well-off family and her parents never go against our relationship though they did mention about the soulmate thing a few times and I was sure they prefer him to spend his life with his soulmate.

They still give monthly allowance to Donghun even though he assured them that he didn’t need it.

We did a few things to keep our lives going, I did some part time jobs, opened a tutor class for high school students, helping other students with their assignments and all.

Donghun never really used the money he got from his parents other than for the house and our cars.

I insisted that I didn’t need the car but Donghun never listen to me. Donghun always make sure that we live in a good condition, even if it's not the best, not because he was from a rich family but because he just wanted the best for both of us.

“Come, I'll show you your room.” I told Yuchan as I was leading him to the only guest room in the house.

I helped him unpacking his stuffs and putting everything in place before we went outside. We sat on the living room, watching some stuffs on the TV.

“Do you need to buy anything at the store? I'm thinking about cooking something special for you tonight.”

“Wait you cook now?” Yuchan asked, fake gasped at my statement.

“Shut up dumbass, it's not the first time I'm cooking for you.” He chuckled at my reply.

“Actually yes I have some stuffs to buy. Plus I want to look around. This is my first time living in a big city.” He said, excited.

I shook my head at his childishness before we got ready and went to the supermarket.

We decided to just walk to the supermarket because Yuchan insisted he wanted to look around. We got our stuffs and went straight home.

We were cooking in the kitchen and were laughing at some jokes Yuchan was making when the front door flung open.

We immediately turned our head to the door and saw Donghun was standing at the door with an unreadable expression in his face, probably shocked to see Yuchan.

“Oh my god you're home!” Yuchan jumped and ran to him, hugging him with all his might.

A smile immediately formed on Donghun's face, ruffling the younger boy's hair.

“When did you got here?” he asked.

“This morning.” Yuchan answered with a wide grin.

“He will be staying here for awhile if it's fine by you.” I said, eyes still focusing on the food in the pan, avoiding him.

“Of course it is. You can stay here for as long as you want.” He said, now pinching the boy's cheeks which he received a groan in return.

They laughed at each other before walking into the kitchen.

Donghun had always been fond of Yuchan. He treats him like his own brother.

Sometimes I thought to myself if he hadn’t met me first, he would definitely date my little brother.

I froze when Donghun suddenly pecked my cheek. “I miss you.” He whispered.

He immediately walked to the sink, washing his hand, “Is there anything I can help?” he asked all too casually. I calmed myself down before answering,

“You can cut the veggies. Yuchan sucks at it.” I replied, trying to sound collected, restraining myself from showing how much the short skinship we had affected me.

Yuchan then took the seat on the cabinet, watching us cooking in silence. I was sure he could feel the tension between us but tried to not say anything about it.

“I was expecting you to come here earlier. You've been in Seoul for a week why didn’t you just stay here?” Donghun suddenly asked, breaking the silence.

Shit! I mentally curse myself for forgetting that. I lied to Donghun that I was seeing Yuchan when I went to meet Sua.

Yuchan eyes widened at the question, obviously confused with what was happening. He looked at me for some answer and I looked at him with pleading eyes, mentally telling him to lie for me.

“Oh, about that. Haha.” He laughed awkwardly, trying to come up with something.

“Yea about that. Actually I visited my friend, Byeongkwan, I bet you remember him. Yea he forced me to stay with him for a week because he said he missed me.” He laughed again, trying to cover up his lies.

I turned to him, thanking him with my eyes.

Donghun replied with a simple “oh...” before continued the conversation, eyes still fixated on the vegetables,

“How’s your exam kiddo?” I totally forgot about his examination after all the stuffs he told me.

“It was fine. I don’t know if I did well though.” Yuchan answered as he popped a strawberry into his mouth.

“I'm sure you did well.” Donghun said, his voice assuring. Yuchan just answered with a wide grin and a soft “thank you” before we fell into another silence.

Yuchan cleared his throat after awhile, “So how’s college going for you guys?”

“It was good, nothing much actually, just normal college stuffs.” Donghun answered.

We then continued cooking in silence apart from the times Yuchan made his lame jokes making us burst into laughter.

He helped us setting up the table for dinner and we just talked about random stuffs during dinner. I still avoided any eye contacts with Donghun and Yuchan did most of the talkings.

Yuchan offered to do the dishes and Donghun immediately hit the shower. Yuchan excused himself into his room as soon as he finished with the dishes leaving me on my own in the living room.

I took my time before getting up and went into my room. I took my evening shower and was sitting on my bed, checking my phone when I heard knocks on my door.

Thinking it was Yuchan, I just told him to come inside without even looking up from my phone until I heard the door opening and then closing again.

My body tensed as I realised it was Donghun.