; nine ;

We had our breakfast together and decided to do some house cleaning the whole morning before I got ready and headed out to meet Sua.

My heart was beating fast, my palms were sweating, I kept on biting my lips and I felt the urge to tell someone about it just to get it out of my chest worrying I might explode anytime. So I called the only person that knew about all this while on my way to the café.

"Sehyoon, what you doing?" I couldn't hide the anxiety in my voice. I could hear he groaned from the other end of the line before muttered, "what? Is Donghun missing again?" He sighed.

"Worse." I answered. "What the fuck I'm hearing this twice from you already in just a span of less than 48 hours. How bad is your life Park Junhee?"

"My life is fucking bad, trust me." He let out a really loud sigh this time, levelling to my level of dramatic. "What is it now?"

"I'm on my way to meet Sua." I surprised myself at how low my voice was and I could hear everything went silent from Sehyoon's end of the line. "what the fuck..." was the only come back I got from him.

"Told you my life is bad." I sighed, disappointed at myself. "Tell me everything." His voice was low, failed to hide the concern in his voice.

I don't have many friends but I'm glad Sehyoon is one of the few friends I had, even though he can be a pain in the ass at times. He's always there when we need him and he never judge us for being who we are.

"I called her yesterday, right after you gave me her number. Oh, and I went to her house." I got straight to the point. "And?" he replied, sounded impatient. "I..." I tried to calm myself down, to not cry at the mention of yesterday's historic event.

"Take your time." He whispered. I took a long breath, swallowed a lump that was forming in my throat before decided I was ready to continue. "I found out he... he spent the night... at her house." Sehyoon muttered a faint "fuck" before the both of us fell silent for a few moments.

"I..." he stuttered. "Fuck I don't even know what to say." My lips were stretched to form a weak smile at his respond. "You don't have to say anything. I just need someone to talk to."

"Fine. Did he say anything though about it? Did you ask him anything? Did you guys even talk about it?" He was mad, he was disappointed, he was everything but happy.

"We did and he explained everything. Said something about her almost getting... raped." I whispered the last part.

"Shit! Is she okay?" Wait why did he sound like this? Is there something I didn't know?

"Sehyoon, can I ask you something?" curiousity got the best of me again.

"Yea, sure." He tried to sound calm.

"How did you know Sua?" It was silent and at that moment I realised that I made a mistake of asking the question. I was just about to say that he didn't have to answer it if he don't want to when he said,

"Um... She was my girlfriend." Silent again. I didn't expect to hear that answer from him.

"You remember the girl I told you about? The one that went to the same school as my sister?"

"I vividly remember that, yes."

"Yea, it's her."

"How did you guys..."

"Broke up?" I muttered a simple "mhm..." before he continued,

"We broke up the day after her 20th birthday last year. I just couldn't get it into my head, the fact that she's my bestfriend's soulmate.

Even though I know Donghun will give zero shit about her but it didn't feel right. Sleeping with someone who's not rightfully yours.

I thought I could careless about it but when we slept together after her birthday party and seeing the fresh scar of Donghun's name on her skin was just... I don't know it hurt me in every possible way. And I know I will hurt Donghun as well."

"Wait what do you mean you will hurt Donghun?"

"What do you mean what I mean? Don't tell me you don't know about it."

"About what? That the scar burns if our soulmate gets hurt? Yes I know about that."

"That one, yes but the one time it hurts the most is when our soulmate is sleeping with someone else. And I'm telling you it's the worst."

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY TIMES WE HAD SEX SINCE LAST YEAR OH MY FUCKING GOD!"

"OH MY GOD STOP SCREAMIBG AND HOW THE FUCK DO I KNOW HOW MANY TIMES YOU GUYS HAD SEX!" There you go the Sehyoon you feel like deserves all the mighty kicks in the whole world.

"Fuck you. And goddamnit I can't fucking imagine how bad Sua had it oh my god." My grip on the wheel tighten at the thought of Sua crying herself to sleep, bearing the pain of her soulmate sleeping with someone else all by herself.

"Trust me, you don't wanna know." Sehyoon's voice was soft, all the sarcasm was gone.

I arrived at the café right after he said that and I parked my car in front of the café.

"Dude I'm here, I'll talk to you later." I said before ended the call after we said our goodbyes.

I felt a lump once again forming in my throat as I saw Sua sitting at one of the tables beside the window. She looked just as nervous as I was, fidgeting with her fingers, checking her phone every few seconds, shaking her legs under the table. I didn't blame her though I would be nervous if I were her. Hell, I was nervous myself.

I took a few deep breath to calm my nerve down before stepping out of my car and made my way into the café. Her head snapped towards the door as she heard the small bell rang as I swung it open. She formed a weak yet honest with a glint of nervousness smile.

She eyed me carefully as I took the seat across from her while her fingers nervously playing with her phone. "Sorry I'm late."

I tried to start a small talk. She shook her head softly as her already smiling lips forming a wider smile at my words. "It's okay. I just got here as well." Her voice was very different from the last time we saw each other in the library. I couldn't really tell when we talked on the phone but I could clearly heard the difference when I talked to her in person. She sounded weak.

"You haven't ordered anything?" I asked upon seeing the lack of drink or food on the table. "Yea, I guess it's better for me to wait for you." She answered softly, which honestly shook me.

I wasn't expecting her to be someone who's softspoken and polite considering she threatened my boyfriend during our first meeting.

"Yea, sure. Let's order something." I called the waiter and surprisingly we ordered the same iced latte.

"I guess we have the same taste." She absentmindedly remarked making my heart feeling like jumping out of my chest.

We had a little small talk before she started getting to the point on why we were seeing each other. She cleared her throat before asking,

"Did Donghun know you're coming to see me?" I shook my head at her question while whispering a silent 'no'.

"Okay look, I'm not the type who likes to beat around the bush so let me just get this straight to the point."