; eighteen ;

I didn't really do much and basically just lay down the whole day, playing games on my phone after I was done with the cleaning.

I figured Chan would be exhausted when he come back from the volunteer work so I prepared an early dinner for him.

It was like he was spying me when he swung the door open right when I finished serving the dinner.

"Oh my god what is that delicious smell?" He ran to the table, sniffing every dish I made like a little puppy.

"Go clean yourself first only then you can eat."

"Nope, I prefer to eat first before cleaning." He said, not caring my death glare when he sat on one of the chairs, eyes fixed on the foods in front of him.

We started eaiting silently before he cleared his throat, the topic of 'soulmate' came up.

"You told me before you sometimes feel your scar burn?" he asked.

"It does." I answered, not caring to even look at him.

"Okay so I'm curious about one thing." He stopped eating, putting down his spoon.

"What?"

"Does the degree of the pain will be the same as the pain our soulmate feeling? Like you know, if she just cut her finger while cutting vegies it just sting a bit but if she breaks her arm or something then it'll hurt us more. Something like that?"

I stopped eating as I processed his question. I didn't even know the answer for the question but then I remembered about the burns and the stings I've felt before and it all differs from time to time.

And I remembered that one time when the burn woke me up from my sleep at the middle of the night and stayed for a few days then I though maybe yes.

Maybe something really bad happened to this Soeun that night that's why the pain stayed for a longer time.

"Honestly I don't even know but I guess yes. I'm not an expert though. Why you ask?"

"Curious." He shrugged as he picked up his spoon again and continued shoving foods in his mouth.

"How's the volunteer work? Is it fun?" I asked, trying to change the topic.

"It was great!" He put down his spoon again.

"I met a lot of nice people. There were mostly people who suffered from depression in the group and like it suprised me how these people look extremely fine physically but then you hear their stories and you feel like 'wow, why would such beautiful and nice and smart people have to suffer like this'.

"Really though, most of them are highly educated and some can even pass as models but lives just happen to be unfair to them. I mean it's not like life is fair to me, and you actually, but I guess we're just mentally stronger, which I'm thankful for , really, and that's why I feel great to be able to help these people even with the littlest thing because they deserve to hear at least one 'i love you' or 'you're doing amazing' everyday.

"That's why I'm planning to do exactly that so I asked for everyone's phone number so I can send them positive messages everyday but of course some refused to give me their numbers."

He pouted, finally stopped talking.

"Wow that's... That's great I guess. You're literally an angel so I don't doubt you asking their numbers to send them messages. I mean I would be happy just to have you in the group if I were them."

"But you call me little devil most of the time." He looked at me judgingly, raising a brow.

"It's cute." I shrugged.

"It's evil, old man." He said, once again picking up his spoon and continued eating.

"I'm literally 3 years older than you, I'm not old." I stated matteroffactly.

"Still old." He muttered in between his munches which invited a chuckle from me.

He then continued telling me stories and events that happened earlier during the volunteering and even shared with me some of the stories shared by the people in the group.

The next few weeks were occupied by the piles of assignments and projects as well as the final examination so times went by faster than it already was and it was already the semester break in a blink of an eye.

I was home alone since Yuchan was working at the store and was bored to death when I decided that it's a good idea to visit him at his workplace.

I looked at the clock and I had 1 hour left before his shift ended so I immediately changed to a more proper clothes before ran out.

I walked from the other side of the store so Yuchan didn't notice I was there, plus he was so into the conversation he was having with a girl that was sitting at one of the tables I doubt he would notice me even if I walked in front of him.

The girl was facing Yuchan so I didn't see her face. Maybe she was the cute high school girl Yuchan was talking about the other day, but she's not wearing uniform.

Or maybe someone from the support group or maybe just a random customer and Yuchan was just being his friendly self talking to her like he'd known her his whole life.

I shrugged it off before making my way into the store.

The censor above the door dinged as I opened it, and the only two people in the store automatically snapped their heads to my direction.

My eyes went past Yuchan and went straight to the girl.

Her eyes were already on me as I caught her attention by opening the door. I was frozen, my feet were glued to the floor, I wanted to look away but my mind refused.

Come on Junhee you don't even like girls what the fuck are you thinking? My mind was struggling.

My thoughts were cut short when I heard the younger boy behind the counter called me.

"Hey, you okay?" I woke up from my trance and saw him running towards me.

I turned my focus to him and nodded softly, "Yea, I'm cool." I tapped his shoulder, reassuringly.

"Okay good. What you doing here?" he asked, excited.

"Surprise I guess." I laughed awkwardly as I could see the girl quietly glance towards me from the corner of my eyes.

"Thanks I guess." Sarcasm was evident in his voice before he turned on his heels and went back to the counter.

I went around the store to look for something to eat and settled for an egg sandwich and coffee. I paid for the foods and sat on the table across the girl.

She had a hoodie on but the sleeves were pulled to her elbows. I stopped for a second when I saw a few scars on her arms before focusing on my food again, not wanting to make her uncomfortable.

She probably noticed that I was looking so she immediately pulled her sleeves down and cleaned the table before bidding her goodbye to Chan and walked out of the store, not sparing any glance at me.

"Who's that?" I asked my little my brother.

"Oh, someone from the support group." Now the scars make sense to me.

"Cute right? You should join the volunteer group. You can meet her again." He continued playfully.

I rolled my eyes at the statement, not even caring to say anything in reply.

***

Oh my god i've been so lazy to update lately and writer's block is not helping at all so I guess I'll change my schedule instead of updating everyday I'll probably update maybe once every two or three days.

And omg!! I can believe I've reached 500+ reads eventhough I haven't updated for so long and my ranks are higher now T^T thank you so much guys for supporting this story and for giving me motivation to continue writing

I hope I can read more of your comments and criticism (if you got any ;;)