; seven ;

It was quiet, other than the sound of the shower running, I couldn’t hear anything else. I took a careful step inside, trying my best to maintain a calm composure.

I put down my phone and keys on the table before moving to the kitchen to heat up the McDonald’s from last night. The shower stopped running and like a rehearsed cue, the door of the bathroom opened just as the microwave ding alerted me that the food was heated up. The door to his bedroom was opened as wide as the hell’s door inviting me to come inside so I could see him snapped his head to the kitchen as he heard the ding.

A smile immediately formed on his handsome feature as he saw me. “Shut up satan” I swear I could hear my own voice saying that in my head.

“When did you came back?” he asked, as he walked over to me, water still dripping from his hair, towel wrapped around his waist, revealing his perfectly toned abs. “Just now.” My voice came out lower than I was expecting, inviting a weird look from him.

“Is something wrong?” he asked too casually I felt like slapping him hard across the face with a metal chair. “I don’t know. Is something wrong? I wasn’t the one who didn’t come home last night.” The sarcasm in my voice can be heard all the way across the Atlantic Ocean.

A heavy sigh escaped his mouth. “Go put something on first and then we’ll talk. I bet you have a lot of explanation to do.” I spoke up before he even had the chance to say anything, pretending to be busy with the food so that I wouldn’t have to look at him.

I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding when I heard the sound of his room door closing a few seconds later. This is going to be a long day.

The air was intense, none of us could come up with anything to say. Donghun was clearly trying to avoid my death glare, his fingers were busy fidgeting while he kept on licking his lips out of nervousness.

I took a deep breath, trying to keep myself calm, making sure my voice would come out steady. “Stop being so nervous, it’s not like I’m going to kill you or something.” I said, making myself comfortable on the couch across him, getting ready for the upcoming hurricane.

“Explain.” I thought it was best to get straight to the main point rather than beating around the bush.

I heard him shuffled around in his seat before taking a long breath and opening his mouth, ready to speak up.

“I was on my way home last night.” his head was hanging low but I could clearly see him trying to peek at my reaction, which he didn’t get much in return since I was trying so hard to retain myself from giving him any reaction.

“And I was texting you while driving home when suddenly I felt the scar burnt, the name.” he stopped to take a deep breath as if trying so hard to not start crying while telling me about his soulmate.

“So I tried calling Sua to ask her if anything happen, if she’s okay. You know… since I was the last person she saw so I wanted to make sure that she returned home safe. She picked up my call but didn’t say anything, instead I heard heavy breathing so I thought she was just… sleeping with someone.

"But just before I was about to end the call, I heard a whimper, like she was begging. So I asked her again if she’s okay but there was still no answer until I heard her scream and I was pretty sure she was running when she started talking to me.

"I couldn’t hear her properly but I was sure she was asking for help so I asked where she was and immediately drove off to where she was. When I arrived…”

he stopped to take a breather, I was more than sure if I was not the one listening to him, he would have broken down to tears so I bet whatever happened to her last night was really bad.

“When I arrived, she was nowhere to be found so I looked around, that’s when I saw her. I’ve never seen her so helpless, her shirt was torn, she was a crying mess, I knew she was hit by the look of the bruises on her face, and my scar was burning like hell so I know how much of a pain she was in.