; fifteen ;

“I don’t know if Sua ever mentioned about this but I promised her something.” I bit my inner cheeks at the mention of the promise.

He looked up from his lap, taken aback.

“What promise?” He asked.

“I promise her that I... will return what's hers.”

“What?”

“I promised her whatever happen, I will return you to her, because that’s where you belong and I promise her to make it happen no matter what.”

“What the fuck no! You can’t just make a decision for me!” He half-shouted, didn’t want Yuchan to overhear us.

“Yes I can, and I already did.”

“Park Junhee please I don’t want to...” he stopped, letting the sentence hanging as it was.

“Let me go Donghun, please. I think it's enough hurting others, maybe it’s time for us to be the ones who get hurt, to pay back for all the sins we've done.”

“Junhee, you don’t understand. I can’t live without you.”

“And neither can you live without Sua, and so is she. You need her just as much as she needs you, if not more. You guys were made for each other, your heart, your soul, your body, your everything, they’re hers. I don’t have any rights over you.”

There was no reply, he kept his eyes staring into mine, switching his focus from one eye to the other, looking for any answer.

“If you want me to get out of the house, I will. If you want me to return the car, I will. If you want me to pay back every cent you've given me, I will. I just want to get this done and over with. Just please go to her, it's what she deserves. Please stop hurting her like this.”

I was literally begging him, my hands were on both sides of his face, forcing him to look at me in the eyes.

“Please.” This time I said it with a lower voice, almost breaking down to tears. “Please.” I repeated.

My thumbs softly wiped the tears that were rolling down his cheeks.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered as he took my hands in his and kissed them.

“I’m sorry.” He repeated, this time he came closer and kissed my forehead.

“I’m sorry.” Again, this time a kiss was planted on my temple.

“I’m sorry.” His lips pecked my right cheek,

“I’m sorry.” left cheek.

“I’m really sorry.” He then moved to my lips, planted a soft yet full of emotions kiss.

I closed my eyes as I felt his warm lips on mine and already craving for more when the warm sensation was gone almost as immediately as it came.

“You sure about this?” his voice woke me up from my trance, my eyes fluttered open. Of course I'm not.

“Yes.” My voice got stuck in my throat resulting in the word coming out as a whisper.

“Then promise me something.” He intertwined our fingers.

“What is it?”

“Promise me that you'll do the same. Promise me you'll open your heart and soul for this Soeun once you meet her. Promise me you'll never hurt her like how you said we did to Sua. Promise me you'll take care of her heart and soul like it's yours. Promise me.”

His forehead rested on mine, breath softly brushing my skin when he spoke. I closed my eyes and felt my warm tears wetting my cheeks.

“Please, promise me.” He said again.

“I promise.” I muttered in between my sobs.

We then decided we should enjoy our last night together so Donghun decided to sleep in my room.

We spent the whole night reminiscing our old memories from how we first met, to when my stepfather kicked me out of the house, to moving in with him, to when we went to a vacation and made a vow witnessed by the beach that no matter what happen, he would always be mine and I would always be his.

We cried and laughed and cried again and laughed again and repeated for only-God-knows how long. We were lying on my bed, his arms firmly wrapped around my waist.

“Let's not forget each other, ever.” I said as I played with the locks of his hair. “Never forget.” He said before sleepiness took over my feature and fell asleep in his warm embrace.

I woke up the next morning feeling a huge void of loneliness in my chest. I looked to my left and saw the man who put me to sleep last night was gone.

I got up at instance and went outside, greeted by a sleepy Yuchan struggling to make breakfast for himself.

“Morning.” His eyes suddenly sparkled with freshness when he saw me but his face fell again when he saw my worried face.

“What's wrong?” He asked, putting the plate of toasts on the kitchen cabinet.

“Where’s Donghun?” I asked.

“I don’t know, probably in his room.” He shrugged, pointing to the master bedroom in the house which belong to the older guy.

The door to the room was perfectly shut. I knocked on the door just in case he was inside before twisted the knob. It's unlocked.

I swung the door open and almost instantly my legs gave up. I fell to the floor crying. It was empty. Well, almost empty.

He left some of his stuffs but most of them are gone, including a small photo frame that he treasured the most that was on his bedside table, our first picture together after we started dating.

It all hit me like a typhoon. It's real, it's happening, it wasn’t a dream, he had left me.

I heard footsteps running before two arms wrapped around me.

“He left me Chan, he left me. I sent him away, I told him I don’t wanna be with him anymore. I broke up with him. We broke up, Chan. It's all over now.”

His hand moving up and down on my back, whispering words I couldn’t even make sense of. I felt his breath on top of my head and without any warning, I passed out.