Chapter 44

Catya POV:

———————————————————————————

I stayed close to Suikotsu's side.
Bankotsu walked in front, he had been distant since leaving the castle.

"That wedding was a waste of time." Renkotsu announces.

"Tell me about it. Nothing even happened! They were so worried about an attack but did the other lord attack? No!" Jakotsu complained.

"Wasn't that bad. Pretty fun, if you ask me." Bankotsu says with a smirk.

"Oh I bet." I mumble under my breath.

I look up to catch a glimpse of Bankotsu looking at me for a second with a frown.

I looked away from him with the same frown.

Soon the city's high walls came into view. I glanced up at Suikotsu at the same time he glanced at me with a reassuring smile.
I smiled softly as we reached the gates.

Renkotsu did the special knock before the doors opened.

As soon as we were past the gates Bankotsu shouldered Banryu and walked in the opposite direction of the tavern.

"Where are you off to?" Jakotsu asked.

"Heading to the blacksmith. I want to get Banryu sharpened and polished." He says as he continued walking.

I felt a tug at my heart as he walked away.

"Let's go, little lady." Suikotsu says as he places his hand on the small of my back ushering me to see Aname.

——————————————————————————

Bankotsu POV:

I glanced back to look at Catya once more. I glared as Suikotsu places his hand on her lower back.

Why the fuck was he touching her?

I couldn't act on it though. I knew she saw me with that woman.
I didn't see her but I knew she was there. I knew that sweet lavender scent anywhere.

A low growl rumbled from my chest.

Why am I so destructive? Why am I doing this to her?
Damnit.

I hated feeling guilty but I hated feeling vulnerable even more. Being with her, being near her gave me emotions I didn't want to have. I thought drugs, alcohol and women would take away these fucking feelings that I have but it's only making it worse.

My body reacts different with her too. I get aroused with other women but when it's Catya...it's more. I get more aroused, I get more affectionate, I even cum harder.

I shook my head.

'No! I have to distance myself or I'll fall deeper and deeper.'

She did look really pretty for the wedding. Not a doubt in my mind that she was the most beautiful girl in that entire castle.

I head back to the tavern after dropping Banryu off with the blacksmith.

Everyone was at our usual table drinking and eating. Everyone but Suikotsu and Catya.

A sting of jealousy shot through me at the thought of Suikotsu touching Catya the same way I did.

"Where's Suikotsu?" I asked.

Mukotsu looks up at me from his mug.

"He and the little lady are with Aname." He answered.