Chapter 29

Catya POV:

——————————————————————————

Flames.
Big, bright flames.
My smile was as bright as the sight before me.

Those mean people were screaming in agony as they burned. They deserved it. Such angry and hurtful people don't deserve to continue on living.

Bankotsu draped his arm over my shoulders.

"To hell with them." He smirked.

I looked up at him with a big smile and nodded in agreement.

"Let's go men." He commanded.

"Where are we going next?" I ask him.

"Home. Next month it will start getting cold and I hate traveling in the snow. Pfft, to be honest I kinda hate the cold. Hard to travel in, hard to fight in." He says closing his eyes.

"Why is it hard to travel and fight in?" I say tilting my head.

"Huh? Cause of the snow, duh." He replies.

"Snow?"

"You've seen the snow before haven't you?" Renkotsu chimes in.

I shake my head.

Papa didn't like us going out and he always said that inside is most safe. Where we can protect ourselves from the outside world and not get sick and die.

"It'll probably start snowing a few weeks after we get back so when that happens I'll show you the snow." Bankotsu says with a big smile.

My cheeks warmed up at his smile.
Smiling back at him I hug his arm tightly. I won't be shown up by anyone else anymore.

"Big brother, are you excited to see Mayu again?" Mukotsu asked him with a wink.

"Not really. Well, I mean I guess? She hasn't really crossed my mind in a while." He replied scratching his chin.

Mayu....Who was she again?

"Don't think you're special just because he has a claim on you. Remember he always comes to me first."

My eyes widened.
I remembered that bitch. She had such a sweet and friendly face but she was a cruel woman.

The last thing I plan on doing is letting that whore take him from me.

Releasing Bankotsu's arm I jog over to Jakotsu.

"Hey!" I whispered.
"Huh? What do you want?" He says looking down at me.
"Advice? Maybe?" I say squirming a little.

Keeping up with his pace I nudge him.

"Tell me about Mayu."
"What about her?"
"Just anything, really."
"Are you going to try to put her in her place?" Jakotsu joked.

I thought it over for a second.

"Not try." I say clasping my hands behind my back humming a little melody.

He chuckled darkly.

"Oh, I like you."

—————————————————————————

The walls surrounding the city looked so much bigger than when I first saw them.

Bankotsu did his special knock that opened the doors. We passed by an armory where they left their weapons.

I was excited to see Aname. She was my only female friend and made such yummy food!

Stretching out his arms Suikotsu lets out a very loud yawn.