Chapter 41

Catya POV:

———————————————————————————

"What do you think? The blue kimono or this green and pink one?" Mayu asked as Aname braided my hair.

We were waiting for the band of seven to return from their mission and take us home.
Bankotsu was angry with me for putting myself in danger but he was relieved that I was okay.

Watari kept asking what happened when I was unconscious but I couldn't bring myself to tell anyone what had happened.

"Helloooo! I'm asking you a question, roach." Mayu snaps.

I roll my eyes and look over to her.

"The green and pink one. The blue one makes you look fat." I tell her.

She gasped.

"How rude! I'm not fat! My stomach is tight and flat!" She argued.

"All done." Aname says as she finished braiding my hair.

Watari and Yukine entered the single room house with a dead boar.

"We brought dinner. Not too sure when everyone else will return but we'll at least eat good." Watari says as his eyes landed on me.

"Catya, come with me. I wish to speak with you." He says with a serious tone.

I groaned softly. Nervous to speak with him but none the less I stood, patted and smooth my hoari and walked over to him.

I shivered as the cold air hit my exposed legs.

"It's getting colder, isn't it?" He says as we walk into the night.

"Mhm." I respond hugging myself to keep warm.

"Did you see her? When you were in the void?" He asked.

I looked up at him, meeting his eyes.

"Yes." I said looking down at my feet.

"What was your punishment?"

I stayed quiet. Thinking of a way to answer him.

"Have you seen her?" I ask avoiding his question.

"Yes. Many, many years ago. Before you were born, before I met the doctor. I was just a farmer, a wife and two sons." He starts, a pained look flashed his face.

"I came across the stones when I was out hunting in the forest. There were 48 stones in the sack. I brought them home to my wife, we studied them and one day she accidentally fell on one and we discovered that the stones were magical. She was able to create ice from thin air. One day while I was out hunting our home was attacked by demons. I can home just in time to save my sons, but not my wife. She was torn apart before our very eyes. I had the stones with me and with 17 stones I broke all of them at once and killed the demons. When I slipped into the void, I met her. Hecate." He paused.

"What was your punishment?" I asked cautiously.

"The lives of my two sons for mine."

"Is that why you can't die?"

"Magic is a curse or a blessing, unfortunately for us we've been cursed and now we must suffer."