Chap 57: Heartbroken

Eunwoo's POV

"Huh..?"

"Um, what.. what are you doing..?"
He took a step back while loosely hugging his body.

.. What?

Pursing my lips into a thin line, I forced out a smile.
"N-nothing." My voice came out cracked as I struggled to get any words out.

He doesn't remember.

He looked at me briefly before nodding his head and shifting his gaze away from me.

Why does this hurt so much more than the first time?

"Alright, I-I'll be going now."

Walking towards the door, I opened it to take my leave while searching my pockets for my car keys.

"Thanks for taking care of me, hyung. And, listening to my problems."

"It's fine."

I was in pretty much a shock as I left, closing the door behind me while not having the heart to look back at him. Swallowing the lump in my throat dryly, I walked downstairs back towards my car.

Tears started forming in my eyes and I looked up at the sky to blink them away before they could fall.

Opening the door of my car, I sat in the silence for a while, letting all of my feelings hit me at once and before I knew it, I was bawling my eyes out to get rid of the hopelessness that was building up in my heart.

As I stared at the empty parking lot in front of me with my vision that kept getting blurry from the tears that wouldn't stop falling, I realised I didn't have the will to leave him on his own.

Although he doesn't remember the feelings he made me feel, I guess he still remembers me.

I'll just have to learn to be contented with that.

Starting the car, I drove to a nearby convenience store to pick up some food since he didn't have anything all day. After I paid the cashier, I took the bags and threw them in the passenger seat before driving back to the school.

Carrying all the bags up the staircase, I realised I bought too much, but still went ahead towards his room since he could still eat them another day. As I stood in front of his door, I let out a shallow breath before shifting all the bags into one hand and knocking the door with a shaky hand.

"Hyung?"
The boy opened the door while rubbing his eyes and made a smile form on my face almost immediately.

"Sorry, were you asleep?" I asked, guiltily, feeling bad about disturbing him.

He nodded before pointing at the bags in my hand.
"What's that?"

"Shouldn't you invite me in first? It's pretty cold out here."

"Oh, right. Come in."
He moved to the side and allowed me to enter before shutting the door.

"I brought you food, since you couldn't eat anything at all today."

It seemed as though that immediately caught his attention as he eagerly sat down on his bed and motioned for me to do the same.

I sat down across him on the bed and placed the bag infront of him. Taking out the different items, I placed them on the bed and he immediately reached out for a bag of chips.

"Thanks."
He ate happily before bringing a chip to my mouth.
"Here."

Accepting it, I watched him continue eating and suddenly felt like breaking down again.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Hm?"
He looked up, still munching on the chips.

"Help me out too, I think I have a problem similar to yours."

"Okay, go ahead."

"Well, you like Chenle, but Chenle likes another guy, right?"

He slowly nodded his head, confused where this was going.

"So, I think I like this guy, but he likes someone else too," I admitted to him without confessing full-on.

"Oh.. Then, we're in the same situation, huh? Did you try telling him?"

"No, he wouldn't really understand."

"What do you mean?"

Sighing, I leaned back on the headrest.
"Why am I even asking you this? You suck at romance."

"I'm not that bad at it," he mumbled, chewing on the gummy bears he had opened up.

"Shouldn't you be eating the proper food I bought you first instead of all the snacks?"

"Yeah. Can you microwave it for me?" he asked while handing me the container of ready-made spaghetti.
"I want to go shower first."

"Alright."
Accepting the container, I went to the small attached kitchen and transferred the spaghetti onto a plate to place it into the microwave.

As the food microwaved, I leaned onto the counter to wonder how useless this all was for me. Ruffling my hair in frustration, I took out the plate once it was done and placed it on the desk that was behind the bed.

He was still in the shower and I didn't feel like I could wait for him anymore. Scribbling on a sticky note which I found on his desk, I stuck it beside the plate.

" I'll be going home now. Take care.

-Eunwoo "

Good enough, I guess.

I contemplated for a while if I wanted to write my number on it too, but decided against it in the end, since it just meant that I was hanging onto more false hopes.

I went on to leave his dorm to go back to my car, unlocking the door and getting in.

Starting the car, I gripped onto the steering wheel tightly and fought back my urge to run back to his dorm.

I just need to pretend it was all a dream and move on.

•••••

Thanks for reading ❤❤❤