Chap 54: Unfamiliar

Renjun's POV

Yanking him down by his tie, I planted my lips on his before he could finish his sentence. His hands awkwardly hovered beside him before he brought them down to my lower back to pull me closer to him. His soft lips eased the nervousness I was feeling as he slowly kissed me back. Standing there on the sidewalk of an empty street, with no one else around, made me want to never break away from his lips. His hands slowly travelled up to my face to cup it as I loosened my grip on his tie and let my hand slide down, to be completely immersed into the kiss.

Pulling away while his hands were still cupping my face and he was still leaning down, I tried to catch my breath. He grinned as he pulled back my face towards his to peck my lips.

"You're so cute."

Although I had let go of his tie, he continued standing in the same position, just looking into my eyes before resting his forehead onto mine. I felt my face heat up and the butterflies in my stomach being set free while he continued staring when there was barely any distance between our faces.

"I might sound like an asshole for saying this but.."

"Hmm?"

"My back hurts from leaning down to your height."

"Fucking asshole."
Pushing him away by his chest, I glared at him as he stumbled backwards while chuckling.

"I'm just kidding, although I'd rather kiss you if you were around my height."

"What the fuck? Then go find someone your height to kiss."
Annoyed at his statement, I walked away from him as I heard him laugh harder.

"No, I mean.."
I heard his quick footsteps behind me before being turned around and lifted up from the ground with his arms around my upper thighs.

I was hoisted up to a little above his eye-level and hesitantly moved my arms up to his shoulders to balance myself as his smile returned to his face.

"I'd rather this."

He tilted his head and reconnected our lips. It felt as though my heart would burst as I melted into the kiss and leaned onto his body.

Right when I was about to pull away, the honking of a car startled both of us as he let go of me abruptly, sending me crashing down onto the hard concrete.

"Ow, what the hell?!"

I winced at the pain while Eunwoo's eyes widened and he went on his knees beside me to come to my aid.

"Sorry! That surprised me. Do you need me to help you up?"

"No, it's fine."
Pushing myself off the floor, I dusted off my pants before turning to the car that had stopped infront of us.

"Oh, the uber is here."

"I see that."
Rolling my eyes, I limped towards it, unable to make proper steps.

"Wait! I'll just go on my own. Go inside and rest." He gestured back towards the house before I opened the car door.

"No, I'm fine, I just need to walk it off."

"You sure--?"

"Just get in, the uber is waiting."

"Alright."
He quickly jogged over to the other side and got in, and allowed the driver to start driving towards the location he was given the address to. I leaned my head onto the window and caught Eunwoo sparing a few glances in my direction.

"What?"

"I'm sorry, I should have held on tighter."
He sighed before scooting closer to me as I lifted up my head from the window.

"I already said it was fine. I'm not blaming you."

Resting his head on my shoulder, he played with my hand.

"Fragile fingers."

"Huh?"

"Nothing."

He slowly dozed off on my shoulder after intertwining both of our hands together as the car continued moving forward towards our destination.

□  □  □  □  □

We reached the school before I was about to fall asleep in the comfort and warmth the car provided, but the guy beside me was already deep into his slumber.

"Get up."
I nudged him awake as he sleepily looked around before letting go of my hand to reach into his pocket to pull out his wallet to pay the driver.
Hopping out of the car, I walked towards the gates of the school and waited for him to get out too.

The security guard opened the gates and allowed us to enter the place after greeting us.

I wasn't limping anymore, but I continued walking slowly since I dreaded going inside the building.

"Do you need help--"

"No."

"Okay."

We walked towards the building in comfortable silence, although I was wishing for him to break the silence with words that will ease my nerves but, saw that he was as equally as nervous as I was.

On the way towards the office, I tried to observe every detail of my surroundings to familiarize myself with the place. Once we reached his office, he called up the person who was incharge of the school's database and asked for my dorm number.

"Alright, so you're in dorm 245, which is on the fourth floor of the building where the dorms are located. ..Do you need me to carry you there?"

"I said I can walk on my own, it's fine."

"Okay.. Oh! Breakfast. We still didn't have it yet and I think the cafeteria is still serving breakfast now so.. Let's go?"

Nodding my head, I followed beside him to where he was heading while some students greeted him on the way.

"So you really are a principal, huh?"

"Of course. Were you doubting me?"

"Yeah, you don't give me 'Principal vibes'."

"Please stop talking, you're hurting my self-esteem."

"I mean, it's a compliment."

"How so?"

"You're not a grumpy old man."

"Then, thanks, I guess?"

"You're welcome."

Entering the almost empty cafeteria which looked too fancy to belong to a school, I looked around to see if I'd spot Jeno or Jaemin, but neither of them were there.

Maybe they have classes.

"Sit, I'll bring you something to eat."

"Okay."

Taking a seat at one of the tables, I rested my head down onto the table as I wondered how I'll know which of the stuff in the dorm would belong to me and not to my roommate. Closing my eyes, I tried to not get overwhelmed by what ever that was happening when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Renjun?"

----------

Thanks for reading ❤❤❤❤❤