Chap 37: Night

Renjun's POV

Everything was chaos.

Jaemin was lying ontop of Jeno on the bed, both holding onto each other for dear life.
Mr. Cha was trying to pull Jaemin off of Jeno and was yelling at the both of them.
And I..
I was just there, watching the mess play out infront of me.

"I SAID LET GO OF HIM!"

"BUT DAD, I LOVE HIM!"

"I'M NOT YOUR DAD!"

"I WANT TO MARRY HIM!"

"I DON'T CARE, DON'T DO THIS LOVE SHIT IN MY #FOREVERALONE HOUSE, IT'S BANNED!"

Jaemin had somehow managed to cling onto Jeno tighter and planted his lips onto the other. Seeing this, Mr. Cha freaked. Shrieking, he yanked Jaemin harder, who fell backwards onto the floor.

Angry Jeno is not someone I ever wanted to see, but, thanks to Mr. Cha, he was well and present.

"You touch my stuff?"

"Your wha-?"

"My Jaemin."

"No, no, no" Mr. Cha shook his head while backing away.
He looked horrified as Jeno walked towards him with his fists balled up and his eyes shooting daggers.
Mr. Cha's eyes met mine and he pointed at Jeno and mouthed 'Help me'.

I shrugged and walked away towards Jaemin who was still lying on the floor, dozing off. I wrapped my arms around the sleepy boy's waist and hoisted him onto the bed.

Mr. Cha gave me a look of betrayal and threw his head back and raised his arms in surrender. He looked back at the drunk Jeno, who had already grabbed his collar. Eyes shut, he started screaming and slapped Jeno's face, whose murderous aura grew stronger.

"Oh fuck."

"Okay, Jeno, stop it." I pulled him back before he was able to punch our damn principal and pushed him towards the bed Jaemin was lying on.
His face suddenly softened upon seeing the sleeping Jaemin as he sat down onto the bed and caressed his hair.

"I SAID NO LOV-"

"Oh my god, are you trying to get yourself killed?!"

"But-"

"Just let them do their thing, it isn't harming you."

"Doesn't it hurt you, though?"

"Maybe a little, but it's okay. Let them do what they want to."

"Fine."

"Is this because you were worried about me?" I raised my brows at him, who just scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"No. Now go to sleep."

Jeno had lied down beside Jaemin and had already wrapped his arms around the smaller boy, snuggling close to him.

I felt the feeling loneliness rise back to my chest as my heart fell. I turned to look back at Mr. Cha, who had noticed my discomfort.

"Are you okay with sleeping in this room?"

"Yeah, I think I'll be fine."

"I-if you want you can sleep in my room."

"No, it's alright. I'll just sleep on the couch over here." I turned away and walked towards the couch as I waved at him without looking at him.

He switched off the light in the room and closed the door after him as I lied down onto the uncomfortable couch which was definitely not meant for sleeping.

The sound of their rhythmic breathing and the sight of their cuddling visible from the moonlight was all getting into my head. My breathing was getting heavier and the familiar feeling of being choked was back.

I shot upright and clutched my chest to try to calm my quick heartbeat down by steadying my breathing, but the darkness was inviting fear to rise up inside of me.

Suddenly, I felt alone. The presence of the two boys sleeping on the bed disappeared. I couldn't see or hear anything anymore. The only thing I was able to make out was my own loneliness eating me up from the inside. I shut my eyes and let the attack take over me as my tears dropped.

The face of the boy I wanted to forget haunted me as I was desperately trying to calm my nerves.

"It's okay, just breathe. I'm here."

A hand ran through my hair and I realised how hard I was shaking.
I couldn't open my eyes.
I didn't want to open my eyes.

The person I wanted to be there the most wasn't.

His fingers had intertwined with mine and I was squeezing his hand for support. I felt the person sitting close infront of me as his hand drew circles on my back. I had my teeth clutched, trying to hold back my useless tears, as I leaned my head forward and rested it onto the person's shoulder.
The hand which was on my back travelled up to my head and was once again running through my hair.

The little gesture had already calmed me down by, surprisingly, a lot as I focused only on the touch the fingers had throughout my hair. My tears slowly stopped forming and my body was no longer quivering as hard as it was before.

The tiredness from the day hit me like a wave all of a sudden and my mind was drifting off into a peaceful slumber. The face of the boy was still etched in my mind.

Chenle..

Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading ❤❤❤