Chap 44: Movie

Mr. Cha's POV

Wrapping my arms tightly around Renjun's waist, I leaned down to rest my chin onto his shoulder. He was completely engrossed in the movie and would just shush me whenever I'd try to ask him to change it. The movie hadn't reached any creepy scenes yet and everything was bareable. It was all bright and sunny in the movie and a cliche family had just moved into a new house.
How exciting.

Yawning, I closed my eyes for the sleep which I had missed the previous night when my tiredness caught up to me.

"What are you doing? You're too heavy, get off." I felt him leaning further and further down under my weight but chose to ignore it.

"Stop being so annoying and let me sleep," I mumbled with my eyes still closed.

"But, I can't see the screen like this," he whined as he tried pushing me off by leaning backwards, which resulting in us moving back a little bit before we went back into the previous position.

"Good."

"What the heck?!" He sounded pissed as he sighed and lifted his head up with difficulty to look at the screen.

I was pleased with my victory and tried to doze off when I felt a stinging pain in my arm.

"Are you pinching me?"

"My neck is getting tired."

"Fine." I let go and got up from the couch to go to the kitchen. He looked at me, confused, before shifting his gaze back to the TV.

I was craving some popcorn and sugary drinks, so I threw a packet of buttered popcorn into the microwave and got the large bottle of coke from my fridge. When the popcorn was done, I poured it into a bowl and balanced it slowly back towards the living room along with the drink and cups.

Renjun was seated comfortably, leaning back onto the couch and watching the movie intently.

"Move."

He looked puzzled as he moved towards his left. I placed all the items beside him and sat down next to him before opening up a space between my legs once again and motioning for him to sit there.

"Why?"

"Because you're like a teddy bear."

"No."

"Come on, you chose this movie which I don't want to watch, so block it from me."

"Fine." He got up and plopped back down infront of me.
"Don't be so clingy."

"Okay." My arms went back to the same position of around the boy's waist and I took the bowl of popcorn and placed it on his lap.
"Have some."

He grabbed a few before he flinched. I looked up to the screen to be greeted by the ugliest woman I had ever laid my eyes on.

"What the fuck?!" I moved backwards and slid down behind the boy. I reached for some popcorn and stuffed my face with them and distracted myself with the taste.

"It wasn't that scary."

"Easy for you to say, she's just as ugly as you."

"What did you say, old man?"

"Old man?! I'll have you know I'm only 21 and--"

I was interrupted by a high pitched scream coming from the screen and I tightened my hold around the boy and sunk in deeper into the couch.

"Let's watch something else, please."

He chuckled before shaking his head.
"No."

Groaning, I sat back upright. The dark room along with the eerie music was already giving me goosebumps. I let my attention drift to the movie, deciding to finally get my shit together. I could feel my hands shaking and my heart beat quickening, but continued watching. Silence had filled the room, so I made up for the lack of noise by chewing the popcorn loudly, earning a glare from Renjun.

I stopped and managed to last a good 10 minutes in the silence, when I felt a hand grip on my thigh. I was just about to scream, when I noticed it was just Renjun's. Breathing a sigh of relief, I looked back forward, when I noticed the boy turning to look at me.

"What?"

He didn't reply anything, but his grip got tighter and he started digging his nails into my leg.

"Ow, ow, ow, what the fuck?!" I pried his hand away, and noticed him wearing a sinister smile on his face.
He got up and turned around to face me, before getting closer and placing his knees on the couch, beside my thighs.

"--The hell are you doing?!"

The grin on his face was still present as his brought his hands to my neck and that's when I lost my shit.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! YOU'RE FUCKING POSSESSED?!"

I was about to push him off before I would faint, when his expression completely changed and he broke out into laughter. I started feeling light-headed, but snapped out of it when he lightly tapped my face.

"It's okay, I'm not," he replied while still laughing at me.

"Then, what was that?"

"Payback for calling me ugly."

"Oh my god. Alright, fine, you're pretty cute when you aren't being annoying."

Another high-pitched scream erupted the room, but this time it wasn't mine and it came from the movie. Clutching my heart, I sat back upright, the boy still facing me.

He was still looking at me, but this time with a questioning look on his face. I grabbed a drink to calm down my heart which was still racing from his 'payback'.

"Were we dating?"

I started coughing and almost choked at his question.

"Were we-- what?!"

---------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading ❤❤❤❤❤