Chap 55: Here

Renjun's POV

"It's been a while since I've seen you, Renjun. You know, since you interrupted me."
Some guy with orange hair stood beside me with a look filled with hatred towards me.

"Huh? Interrupted you from what?"

"Haha, wow. Nice acting. You couldn't have possibly forgotten how you grabbed my hair to pull me away from that kid. If you did, we could reenact it."
He kept his hand on my hair before gripping it tightly and pulling upwards, causing me to wince in pain and stand up as my hands tried to loosen his grip from my hair.

"Stop, it hurts! What do you even want?!"

"You ruin everything for me and then run away like a fucking pussy."
With a strong hold on my hair, he dragged me out of the cafeteria, out into the empty hallway.

"Let go of my hair, it hurts, shithead!"

"I wonder.. what if you have nowhere to run?"

"Huh?"

Before I could fully process what he said, I was shoved inside the Janitor's closet and the door slammed shut, the lock outside clicking right after.

The cramped place was in complete darkness and I felt my body freeze up. Staring at the darkness, I slid down to the floor, unable to scream or cry out for help.

A wave of anxiousness hit me all of a sudden and I found my chest get heavier. Each second that passed by made it harder and harder for me to breathe as terrifying thoughts soon entered my mind and started eating me up from the inside. Hugging my legs tightly, I buried my head into my knees, trying to stop my body from trembling so much. Before I knew it, tears were already making their way down my face while I desperately tried to control them. Although I didn't have any strength in my arms, I slowly reached out towards the door and placed a few weak knocks which were barely audible but were all that I could manage. The silence was overshadowed by my own cries as I covered my ears and tried again and again to cry out for help, only for my mind to reject my voice from leaving my mouth.

The words I wanted to scream out only ended up as a chant inside my head.

Help me. Help me. Help me. Help--

□  □  □  □  □

Eunwoo's POV

.. Where did he go?

Holding onto both the plates in each hand, I stared at the empty tables infront of me.

Did he already go to his dorm?

But, I have the key.

I walked over to the table he had been seated at only a while ago and placed the plates down on the table before looking around.

Taking my phone out, I walked outside of the cafeteria while scrolling the contacts list.

Shit, I never got his number in the end.

With quick footsteps, I walked around the first floor, trying to find him while the frustration from not being successful rose up in me every corner I turned.

Why the hell do you have to make me so worried about you again?

My brisk walk soon turned into a full-blown sprint as I searched all the possible places he could have gone, knowing he couldn't have gone far in the short duration I went to get our food.

You're alright.. right?

Please, tell me you're okay.

After a whole round around the first floor, I returned back in front of the cafeteria and went on to step up the staircase beside it when I saw the door of the Janitor's closet open a few metres away from where I was.

Panting from being breathless, I cautiously made my way towards it. As I got closer, the crying and the hushed voice got louder and clearer, and I ran towards it with my patience running low.

When I was finally able to see what what going on, my heart sunk, along with my hands which fell down to my sides.

A green-haired boy was seated infront of Renjun, holding his hand and gently cupping his face to get him to look into his eyes.

Taking a few steps forward to hear the comforting words being whispered to Renjun, I finally realised who the boy was and that made me even more disappointed for not reaching him earlier.

When Renjun shut his eyes and placed his head on the boy's shoulder, I flinched in my spot, wanting to run up to him and tear the boy away from him. I watched them for a while until I couldn't take it anymore.

Taking a deep breath, I walked over to them, gritting my teeth silently while stuffing my hands into my pockets from preventing my anger from being expressed physically.

"What's going on? Why aren't you in class?"

"Oh, Mr. Cha. He was locked up in here and was having a--"

"A panic attack. I know."

"Uhm, yeah, I was walking back to class when I heard knocking from inside. When I saw that it was locked, I went to get the key from the Janitor and unlocked it to see him crying in here."

I unclenched the fists I had balled up inside my pockets and brought out one of my hand to shakily place it on Renjun's head.

"Alright, I'll manage from here, go to your class."

"I can't leave him, he's my friend."

"Yeah, I know. Leave."

I knew I must have had a bitter expression on my face but, he had broken Renjun's heart once and there was no way in hell I was going to let him do that again.

"What--"

"I'll get him to the nurse, don't worry. Just go to your class, you're late."

"O-okay."

Squatting down beside Renjun, I pulled him into my arms and motioned for the other boy to leave.

He hesitantly got up and slowly walked away although he kept glancing back at Renjun who was passed out. Carefully lifting him up as he laid unconscious in my arms, I walked towards the nurse's office.

You're alright.

----------

Thanks for reading ❤❤❤❤❤

Btw the orange-haired guy is not Jisung.

Refer to Chap 10 if you're still confusion.